Incognito Lite for severe crowding - almost 5 months in

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KHbraced

Incognito Lite for severe crowding - almost 5 months in

#1 Post by KHbraced »

Hi everyone!

I have been reading this board for almost a year now, throughout my process of deciding whether or not to get braces and what type. I ultimately decided on lingual after a consultation with an orthodontist who instilled a lot of confidence in me.

In my consultation I made it clear I would not get traditional or ceramic braces. Nothing on the front of my teeth. My bottom teeth were FAR too crooked for Invisalign. So incognito was really the only option. I was surprised to hear the orthodontist say I could use incognito lite.. my front bottom teeth were severely crowded but no molars actually needed to move.

So I made an appointment to get my teeth scanned (no mounds) and a February appointment for the bottoms and a March appointment for the tops. I did them a month apart to minimize the speech issues.

The bottoms went on first, no major adjustment period other than eating softer foods and eating more slowly. The bottom braces barely impacted my speech at all.

Then the tops went on in March, along with some bite guards on the bottom molars because my front teeth were bumping into the brackets. The top brackets were MUCH more of an issue for speech. I definitely had a lisp but not awful, it went away slowly over the course of a month. Now I think I talk pretty normally! This was my biggest concern going in and it definitely was annoying but I lived!

The pain when first getting them on was very tolerable. The only time pain actually bothers me is during the adjustments themselves. After adjustments there can be some soreness but rarely enough to even take an Advil.

My top teeth moved VERY quickly. They still have further to go but they're looking pretty normal and have been since I was about 3 months in. I was happy about this because my top teeth are pretty much all that shows when I smile.

My bottom teeth have also moved a lot. I had one tooth that was twisted completely and another that was a snaggle tooth poking way out in the front. It's blocked by my other teeth. So we couldn't put brackets on these two initially. Now, the twisted tooth is somewhat in alignment and has a bracket, and we're working on creating enough space to incorporate the snaggle tooth. My orthodontist calls the technique they're using to create space "stop advance" .. I googled this and could not find anything.

I have pics but can't see a way to insert them here. Someone please let me know how to post those!

Thanks for reading!!

dorazabi10

Re: Incognito Lite for severe crowding - almost 5 months in

#2 Post by dorazabi10 »

KHbraced wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:19 pm Hi everyone!

I have been reading this board for almost a year now, throughout my process of deciding whether or not to get braces and what type. I ultimately decided on lingual after a consultation with an orthodontist who instilled a lot of confidence in me.

In my consultation I made it clear I would not get traditional or ceramic braces. Nothing on the front of my teeth. My bottom teeth were FAR too crooked for Invisalign. So incognito was really the only option. I was surprised to hear the orthodontist say I could use incognito lite.. my front bottom teeth were severely crowded but no molars actually needed to move.

So I made an appointment to get my teeth scanned (no mounds) and a February appointment for the bottoms and a March appointment for the tops. I did them a month apart to minimize the speech issues.

The bottoms went on first, no major adjustment period other than eating softer foods and eating more slowly. The bottom braces barely impacted my speech at all.

Then the tops went on in March, along with some bite guards on the bottom molars because my front teeth were bumping into the brackets. The top brackets were MUCH more of an issue for speech. I definitely had a lisp but not awful, it went away slowly over the course of a month. Now I think I talk pretty normally! This was my biggest concern going in and it definitely was annoying but I lived!

The pain when first getting them on was very tolerable. The only time pain actually bothers me is during the adjustments themselves. After adjustments there can be some soreness but rarely enough to even take an Advil.

My top teeth moved VERY quickly. They still have further to go but they're looking pretty normal and have been since I was about 3 months in. I was happy about this because my top teeth are pretty much all that shows when I smile.

My bottom teeth have also moved a lot. I had one tooth that was twisted completely and another that was a snaggle tooth poking way out in the front. It's blocked by my other teeth. So we couldn't put brackets on these two initially. Now, the twisted tooth is somewhat in alignment and has a bracket, and we're working on creating enough space to incorporate the snaggle tooth. My orthodontist calls the technique they're using to create space "stop advance" .. I googled this and could not find anything.

I have pics but can't see a way to insert them here. Someone please let me know how to post those!

Thanks for reading!!
Upload them with this site
http://interload.co.il