Incognito Lingual Braces

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chinglnc

Incognito Lingual Braces

#1 Post by chinglnc »

Hello

Has anyone used Incognito Lingual Braces? How does it compare to other braces such as iBraces?

Thank you

SinkFullOfDinner

Re: Incognito Lingual Braces

#2 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

FYI, iBraces and Incognito are different names at different times for the same system. The brand name was just changed a few years ago, I think when the company that developed them was bought by 3M. I had Incognito linguals, but can't compare directly to other linguals; however, the main differences between various systems are: custom base (Incognito, Harmony) vs. non-custom; custom wire vs. doc bends it; bracket size; self-ligating (Harmony) vs. regular (Incognito, etc.). Good luck. Sorting this stuff out can give you a headache!

chinglnc

#3 Post by chinglnc »

SinkFullOfDinner wrote:FYI, iBraces and Incognito are different names at different times for the same system. The brand name was just changed a few years ago, I think when the company that developed them was bought by 3M. I had Incognito linguals, but can't compare directly to other linguals; however, the main differences between various systems are: custom base (Incognito, Harmony) vs. non-custom; custom wire vs. doc bends it; bracket size; self-ligating (Harmony) vs. regular (Incognito, etc.). Good luck. Sorting this stuff out can give you a headache!
Thank you! Just wondering are they always in gold colour? Can I ask them for 'teeth colour'?

Shelleyt

#4 Post by Shelleyt »

Incognito are gold and harmony are silver- there aren't any ceramic or tooth colored lingual brackets on the market that I'm aware of

chinglnc

#5 Post by chinglnc »

Shelleyt wrote:Incognito are gold and harmony are silver- there aren't any ceramic or tooth colored lingual brackets on the market that I'm aware of
Thank you!

dorazabi10

#6 Post by dorazabi10 »

[quote=Uptown101 post_id=499755
time=1515808591 user_id=30768]
The only issue with lingual braces is that they can be a bit uncomfortable, till you get used to them (they'll occupy some space near the tongue), but they are used with great success anyway.
[/quote]

And whats the difference between harmony and incognito except the color?

dorazabi10

#7 Post by dorazabi10 »

[quote] =Shelleyt post_id=494648 time=1496959667 user_id=27830]
Incognito are gold and harmony are silver- there aren't any ceramic or tooth colored lingual brackets on the market that I'm aware of
[/quote]