Getting started with braces

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marchi31

Getting started with braces

#1 Post by Marchi31 »

Hi guys,
I am brand new to this forum, & am very glad it came across. Today is THE DAY when my whole journey begins. Getting spacers put in & doing some initial paperwork today in a few hours here, braces ll go on on Monday (same day we ll find out the sex of the baby, yay for that!)...Ugh I am so nervous to say the least! I am also 4 months pregnant with a toddler lol :-) I already know next year is going to be quite challenging & gonna test my limits. Baby s due in January, the plan is to remove my wisdom teeth some time in Jan-Feb right after baby s born so that I have enough time to heal prior to surgery (orthognathic surgery to improve the misalignment of my jaw & hopefully reduce or completely get rid of the pain TMJ). The ortho estimated approximately 12 months before & 12 months after surgery. I was procrastinating getting started with this whole thing...But figured the sooner I start the sooner I finish, right? ;-) Well, plz wish me luck & I hope to find support here on this forum with my upcoming journey! Thanks!

Vicki04

Re: Getting started with braces

#2 Post by Vicki04 »

Good luck with you're journey ahead and you're little one on the way :D
It sounds like it will be challenging but just remember that this is all worth it in the long run.
1. Crowding
2. High Canines
3. Crossbite
4. Edge to edge bite
They're just kind of wonky :crazy:

iob

#3 Post by iob »

Congratulations and good luck! Lots of good changes going on with self and family! Finding out the sex of your babying is definitely the biggest news for you on Monday. The toddler and new arrival will keep you plenty distracted and focused on more important things during those initial annoying weeks or couple months of adjusting to the new hardware.

Again, best of luck with everything!

Marchi31

#4 Post by Marchi31 »

Thanks a lot! My braces got put on hold, & I am kinda happy cause it is not going to take away from the gender reveal event :) Ortho wants to give it 2 weeks for spacers to do its magic before hardware gets installed. So it all worked out. It is a lil annoying now to have those rubber things in between ym teeth now, but at least it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I wonder if having the spacers in s gonna b similar to having braces on...Are braces as annoying? Never experienced it before...Thanks again for your support guys!

oldfart

#5 Post by oldfart »

Braces are Much more annoying :) Lots of things to poke your cheeks, lips, tongue. Try not to forget how you sound now without them, as talking can be difficult. Also the excessive drooling that will occur. Theres also wiggly teeth..... Food and not being able to go anywhere without a toothbrush is fun. .. But its all worth it in the end.... Then just when you think you are done... Retainers for life!!!

Just kidding.. everyone is different in how they react to them. In a couple of weeks you'll be used to them.

Good luck
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Marchi31

#6 Post by Marchi31 »

Oh mY! Smth to look forward to lol I already got a tiny sore inside my cheek & I only have spacers in,,, :cry: even the speech s changed a bit, ahhh
I guess I ll keep in mind its all for the better & that THIS TOO WILL PASS! Thanks for the info