One week into Lingual Braces - upper and lower

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

donatella

Re: One week into Lingual Braces - upper and lower

#16 Post by donatella »

Hi all new here from Brisbane Australia

I'm getting lingual top and normal bottom as with my deep overbite you cannot see my lower anyway I am paying $9700 (full lingual would have been $12990 so worth the saving for me)

I am worried about the speech with my job. Did you take anytime off work when you first got them on?

flaav001

#17 Post by flaav001 »

I had mine on a Thursday and took the Thursday and Friday off work. It was also a long weekend so I had 5 days. I'm not going to lie...it was tough! My speech took longer than I thought to sound normal. People told me I sounded mine but to me I didn't and talking was exhausting! I think at the 2 month point was where I finally got over the hill and talking normally! I still trip over words here and there but can correct myself. I have linguals top and bottom, so you may find it a bit easier :). It is worth it though! I got engaged last week and now knowing I'm going to have straight teeth for my future wedding is the BEST feeling!!

SingleJawMelb

#18 Post by SingleJawMelb »

[quote="flaav001"][quote="tm6018"]hi flaav... I was just wondering if you are in Australia and (if you don't mind me asking) how much your braces are going to cost? Im a 27 year old female and have been considering getting lingual braces for such a long time now but have had so many anxieties about it that i haven't been able to take the plunge! Money is also a huge factor as I have read some posts from people with quotes of $16,000!

Anyway I really hope it is all going well for you!
Thanks![/quote]

Hi tm6018.
Don't mind you asking at all! :). Yes I am in Australia and a 26 year old female located in Adelaide. Mine all up are about 8,500 and I get around 2,800 back from my health fund, which I think is pretty decent. I paid upfront so got a small discount too. I know the incognito brand of lingual braces can be up around the 15K mark, which seems a bit crazy. Mine are not a brand specific, my orthodontist just deals with a guy in Melbourne who manufacturers them. They are still really good though, each bracket was designed specially for each tooth. If you can afford cost (and I'm all for investing in yourself) then I would reccomend taking the plunge. The first 10 days are very difficult but you do adjust to them and it's motivating knowing that I'm on my way to a smile I will love! I now have moments where I completely forget they are on, mind you I am still using wax on my back molers, but my Orthodontist assures me I'll get even more used to them. Happy to answer any more questions and good luck!![/quote]

How are the insurance paying so much if you paid upfront? Mine are paying $1k after I've had extras for a year.

nickycddubluver

#19 Post by nickycddubluver »

hi! was that cost including the retainers in the end also all the office visits?

I am leaning towards lingual or fast brace and deginitely debating the cost.

Shelleyt

#20 Post by Shelleyt »

My cost was $13,000 (US)

Shelleyt

#21 Post by Shelleyt »

Including one set of retainers and all office visits/records