Upper AND Lower both required?!?!?!?!

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JoeHoepe

Upper AND Lower both required?!?!?!?!

#1 Post by JoeHoepe »

I recently received a invisalign consultation because I want to close gaps in my upper teeth only.

The ortho. told me the upper and lower are BOTH required.
He said when the upper teeth are pushed together, they will no longer align itself with the bottom, unless theyre also done.
My lower does not have gaps, they really cant move any closer.

Has anyone heard of this? Thanks!

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

this is true
If the upper has speces they will be retracted to close the spaces. If the uppers hit the lowers there is no room left to retract them so the uppers will stop mivong and you will still have spaces btwn the teeth. SOmetimes the lower front teeth need to be intruded(the bite opened) to give more room for uper retraction and space closure. SOmetines the lower teeth are polished inbetween to give some space for their retractin so that the uppers can retract more.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

invisagirl

#3 Post by invisagirl »

Before invisalign my lower teeth were next to perfect but Align prescribed aligners anyway. After reading Dr.Rick's post that's probably why they did it. Anyway I only had to have 6 aligners on the bottom so it was livible. You may end up with lower aligners but it will probably be a small number of them. Good luck!

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

rooroo

#4 Post by rooroo »

I think thats typical. I had both upper and lower, though my lower teeth were just as screwed up as my uppers.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment

JoeHoepe

#5 Post by JoeHoepe »

Great!
Thanks for the comments.