Lingual braces

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fifil22

Lingual braces

#1 Post by Fifil22 »

Hi. I'm new to this site. A little about me, I'm a 31 year old female who has been dying to get my overly crowded teeth fixed. I do have an overbite and I am currently wearing the lingual braces on my lower teeth and my ortho recently (3 days) ago put a bite plate on my upper teeth. Oh boy! The lisping is making me sound like a 3 year old lol and I'm unsure how to clean it. It's fixed! I'm paranoid about bad breath and plaque.
Anyone having similar treatment and how do I clean this thing?
Eating is so difficult but my biggest concern is the oral hygiene. Any help and info on the fixed bite plate would be greatly appreciated.
I am however so excited to finally be doing something about my teeth and its all worth it.

chrislee

Re: Lingual braces

#2 Post by chrislee »

get a waterpik, it can reach some places that are hard to reach. other than that, make sure you use proxi brushes(Christmas tree brushes) and floss regularly.

revenueminister

Re: Lingual braces

#3 Post by revenueminister »

Definitely the waterpic or any water laced device is ideal. I have one myself and it is amazing. It is also great at getting rid of plaque too.