5 months update on linguals

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jims

5 months update on linguals

#1 Post by jims »

So, it's been five months with linguals and I'm on my final archwire. The brackets should be removed in the January/Feb timeframe next year after I get orthoganathic surgery (which is probably going to be in Oct). I haven’t been too active on the board over the past several months because, frankly, wearing these things just isn’t a big deal. Let me break down how my progress is on various issues ... I'm curious if other people have speech problems similar to my own.

Speech:
I think this is the biggest concern for people considering linguals. I’m pretty satisfied with my speech. I knew there were going to be some issues and I’m pretty much stuck at 95+% and I’ve just accepted that, for me, some words are just going to be impossible to say perfectly until the linguals are removed. I think the combination that causes me the most grief is “thsâ€

AG

#2 Post by AG »

Hello Jim!!

I have read all your post, really interesting!!

At this point of your treatment if anybody asked you about linguals / labials braces, what would you answer be?

Does it worth?

Thanks in advace for you answer!!!

Ainhoa.