banded with Lingualcare today

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

avf

banded with Lingualcare today

#1 Post by avf »

I enjoyed reading earlier posts by Jims regarding his Lingualcare banding, so thought I would share my experience this morning.

After nearly 5 months with an A.L.F. appliance for maxillary expansion, I was finally banded with Lingualcare this morning on both the uppers and lowers. (I have a class II, div II case--moderate to severe crowding) The procedure took about 3 hours. It would have gone faster, except I had some movement with the ALF appliance during the time of Lingualcare manufacturing the brackets (4-5 weeks), so my ortho had to individually apply 3 or 4 of the upper brackets (since my upper teeth were slightly off from the model), whereas normally they do all the uppers at once, then all the lowers at once. From what I understand, most people do not go through a maxillary expansion phase before Lingualcare, so application time for most people would be less than 3 hours.

While my teeth are currently sore, my tongue feels OK so far. I haven't done a ton of talking, but I've eaten a couple of meals, and so far so good.

I am suprised how comfortable the brackets feel on both top and bottom, but especially on the top. I'm still trying to get used to the bottom brackets, since for the past 5 months I've only had the ALF appliance on the top, and nothing on the bottom, so it feels the wierdest on my bottom teeth.

Unless or until my tongue gets sore, I really don't think my speech will be greatly affected. So far, I have not noticed any dramatic effect. Eating is a bit tricky right now, as my teeth are sore and I'm still getting used to where and how to chew.

Overall, although I'm only 5 hours into this, I'm very pleased with the comfort of Lingualcare and am excited to see my progress over the next several months!

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

Congrats on getting your lingual braces.

Yeah 3 hrs is a bit long, but if the teeth moved from the time of imp to bracket seating then this cas happen.

I routinely bond upper and lower lingual brackets and have the wires and comfort aids placed and the pt is out the door in an hour or so.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News