Linguals...a few questions

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

squirt

Linguals...a few questions

#1 Post by squirt »

I have had lingual brackets on for five weeks and wires for three. I have a few questions.

1. Speech - I feel like the wires have made my speech worse and I can't seem to get the hang of speaking normally. I practice, read out loud and talk as much as possible. Any other suggestions.

2. Eating - since having the wires put on eating has become more difficult. I have cut out all things crunchy and sticky from my diet, I don't bite into anything and I cut everything into small pieces. However I chew with my back teeth and always feel like a wire is going to come loose.

3. Movement - surprisingly, I have noticed quite a bit of movement already. However it is only on one side of my mouth. Is that normal or is something wrong on the other side. In a paranoid moment, I fear that I've chewed too much on the side where nothing is moving and broken something. NOthing looks broken and the wires are where they should be. Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks for reading and look forward to any responses.

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

just keep practicing the speech -- it will improve

eating is always a challenge with both labial and lingual braces

that isnt abnormal for different sides to move at different rates
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News