Incognito upper and lower just fitted.

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

IncognitoChris

Incognito upper and lower just fitted.

#1 Post by IncognitoChris »

So, I just got back from the Ortho after having Incognito upper and lowers fitted. All in all it took about 1.5 hours and was not too bad an experience, really. Thanks to those that had posted up their experiences on this board, I knew exactly what to expect.

Although my mouth now feels a bit smaller, the brackets are not too sharp and there is no irritation of the tongue, yet, although it's only been 3 hours lol !

I have a deep overbite, but Thanks to the Incognito's that's going to get sorted, unfortunately, until that time I am no longer able to chew... anything!! I just tried to eat a pancake (thinking, nice and soft!) but what a disaster. My chewing teeth no longer meet so I had to try and swallow bits of pancake whole and almost choked hehe then I immediately had to go use my waterpick as it was grossing me out with all the food stuck on the brackets.

Binned that idea (literally) and decided to have a yogurt, please tell me it gets easier ?

IncognitoChris

Re: Incognito upper and lower just fitted.

#2 Post by IncognitoChris »

1 day down, what have I learned so far.

Pain is currently zero, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
I am already missing some of the foods I used to love.
I am quickly falling in love with wax, and so is my tongue.
I have a strong lisp, but I am working on it :wink:
I love my waterpik, it so quickly cleans out any stuck on food. So much so I am going to buy the one with the bigger tank and take my portable one to keep at work.

Despite some negatives, I am 100% happy with the decision I made and will see this through to the end.

Food wise I have had chicken noodle soup, scrambled eggs with cheese and Smash (mashed potato) with Ketchup lol.

Anyway, a couple pics of before being fitted and after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.