Last wire?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

31ling

Last wire?

#1 Post by 31ling »

HI everyone, just wondering how long you had your last wireon for? Just had mine put in last week, have an appointment for 6wks later and was assuming it would be for a tightening as usual but then got my hopes up thinking perhaps he would just debond me! Any experience to share? Did you know you were having them off in advance or was it a nice surprise?

oldfart

Re: Last wire?

#2 Post by oldfart »

My last wire will be about a year by the time i'm done.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

cs2thecox

#3 Post by cs2thecox »

I've been in the same wire for months and months now, and my braces come off in 4 weeks time.

I've come to think of orthodontics more as an art than a science, and the wire is only one of a pretty large number of tools they have available. It all depends on how your teeth need to move, but a lot of people seem to go through their wires pretty fast, then spend a reasonable length of time in the last one getting other things done. They aligned by arches first with wires, and then moved on to bite issues with elastics, sorting out gaps with power chains etc, but all once my arches were straight enough to be in the final wire.

31ling

#4 Post by 31ling »

Ah ok. Hopes firmly lowered :) ... Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully not too much longer for me...we shall see!

31ling

#5 Post by 31ling »

Just to follow up and say my last wire should have been on for 6-8 weeks max, although will end up being a little longer as my orthodontist is on holiday - How inconvenient of him! ;) but. .. due to have these braces off on Feb 26, 7 months treatment time!