Day 3 of lingual braces (Win) - upper and lower

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

winwired

Re: Day 3 of lingual braces (Win) - upper and lower

#16 Post by winwired »

IncognitoChris, to answer your earlier questions, yes they are custom made brackets.

I have the "Win" appliance which apparently is developed by the same people as Incognito but is meant to be the next generation of the Incognito appliance with smaller brackets (allegedly) and better tongue tolerance. Frankly I am sceptical, especially since I cannot find anyone else who has heard of or used this appliance, and I seem to have had far more issues than most people with Incognito. Anyway, it is what it is, and they are stuck to me now (apart from when the fall off)!!

Oh yes I've tried wax, it helped the tongue, but not the speech in my case.

orchid

#17 Post by orchid »

I'd love to see some photos of your progress, winwired! Maybe you're not comfortable with uploading pictures, but I just had to ask :)

winwired

#18 Post by winwired »

Hi Orchid,

I would be very happy to upload progress pictures.... If I had them! I'm hoping to get hold of the professional ones that my ortho takes every time I am there, as they really do show progress, and it's easy to compare because they are taken from the same angle every time. Hopefully they will give me some electronic copies at some point, and then I'll post them here.

IncognitoChris

#19 Post by IncognitoChris »

Winwired, I hadn't heard of them so thought I would ask. Look forward to seeing your progress photos if you are able to get them, see the progress is what makes it all worthwhile, after all.

luk

#20 Post by luk »

Winwired , why you have choose it in both of archade lingual braces , and not just for upper , and for lower traditional braces ?
What have you did it with your broken braces ?
Have your ortho manage it to re-bonding , or you have order it other brace in Germany ?

I'm interested about WIN lingual braces , but just for upper archade , and for lower self-ligating ceramic Damon Clear .

winwired

#21 Post by winwired »

Luk,

I didn't have the option of a different type of brace on the lower jaw, nor did I research it.

When my bracket came off after the first 2 weeks (this is a long time ago now!) I just saved it and gave it back to the ortho when I went in for the next appointment. I always, right from the beginning, cleaned my teeth and braces with the plug in the sink, so that if something broke or came off I could still rescue it.

In fact the ortho didn't rbond it for quite a few weeks, as it was the bracket on a rear molar which wasn't really important in the early stages of treatment. So it probably wouldn't have mattered if I had lost the bracket, as they could have ordered a new one from Germany; from memory it was about 6 weeks before it was re-fitted to my teeth.

I am now 17 months into my treatment, with about 6-9 months still to go. I still hate the appliance, I still can't eat properly and I still can't speak properly. However, I have to admit that the system is working, and my teeth have improved beyond recognition. But living with the braces and the side effects has (for me at least) been utterly horrible and, despite the good results, I still am not sure I would put myself through this again.