overjet correction incognito

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

keybgamer

overjet correction incognito

#1 Post by keybgamer »

Hi everyone,
So I got bonded today with lower incognito braces. Uppers go on in 2 weeks as my orthodontist wants me to get used to speech changes before fitting the uppers in.

I must say that the pain is not unbearable as I had initially feared. Teeth feel sore and I can barely bite into anything. It gets better in a few weeks, he says.

I have some overjet and doc says 24 months max till I'm done. Really praying it will be less than that. Already can't wait!

I'm going to have my first meal which is soup and mushed yam. Wish me luck. I'm excited to share my journey with y'all.

[url=http://contadores.forodental.com/en][img]http://contadores.forodental.com/en/c.p ... BicmFjZXM=[/img][/url]

Norrie

Re: overjet correction incognito

#2 Post by Norrie »

Good luck! I'm about nine months into my Incognito experience (will likely have them 24 months total too). I wish that I had gotten the bottom on first and then the tops a bit later...I can imagine that would have helped a whole lot.

Good job on the mushy food! I found that days 2-5 were the hardest in terms of tooth pain, and then it eased up a lot. My advice is to use a lot of silicone wax to protect your tongue.

You're on your way! It will go by so fast.

keybgamer

#3 Post by keybgamer »

Thanks Norrie.

It was interesting how pieces of food got stuck in my braces. I thought the brace would come off Lol, but thankfully it didn't. Will have to train my teeth to chew all over again :x

First day at work tomorrow with my braces on. Will keep you posted. Got some silicone wax, not used it yet tho, will do so when tongue becomes sore.

Ciao

keybgamer

#4 Post by keybgamer »

OK, so day 1 at work yesterday and no one seemed to notice anything amiss.

Day 2 today and my tongue is really sore at the sides, and talking is really painful for me. I kinda don't want to apply any wax yet Cos I wanna see how long I can go without them. Also, I want the calluses to quickly form on my tongue, so I feel the pain less.

Also, I'm salivating a lot. Wondering if that will ever stop.

Askme

#5 Post by Askme »

Hey Keybgamer,

Wondering how you are progressing with your Incognitos? I'm due to have them on after Xmas but still deciding between going Uppers + Lowers or Upper Incognito + lower ceramics.

Interested to hear if you conquered the dreaded lisp and if you felt Upper was easier to adapt to having had the lower installed a couple of weeks earlier.

Cheers