Lingual braces for an already-exposed impacted canine?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Taradactyl43

Lingual braces for an already-exposed impacted canine?

#1 Post by Taradactyl43 »

Hi I'm 18 and still have one of my baby canines. The other one fell out in middle school and the adult canine dropped (although not completely, and it still sticks out) but I still have a baby canine with the adult one sitting right above it, and what makes it worse is that it's pretty much completely exposed so I have to hide my smile-- if I don't, people will see a huge extra tooth on its own top row in my gums.
Being that I'm kind of late to the game as I going to college soon, I want to get my teeth fixed in the most hidden way possible. I'm trying to get more info on incognito/lingual braces. I imagine I'd have to get my baby canine pulled seeing as it is pretty stuck in my gum, but because my adult canine is already out of the gum, do I need surgery for that? Or can lingual braces attach to the backside of the tooth to pull it down? In this case will the lingual braces serve their purpose of being essentially invisible or won't people see something pulling my canine down?
Also how long do you think this treatment would take and how expensive are lingual braces?

30yearoldbraceface

Re: Lingual braces for an already-exposed impacted canine?

#2 Post by 30yearoldbraceface »

Did you ever get any info regarding this question? Did you go ahead with the treatment and if so, how is it going so far?

30yearoldbraceface

Re: Lingual braces for an already-exposed impacted canine?

#3 Post by 30yearoldbraceface »

Did you ever get any info regarding this question? Did you go ahead with the treatment and if so, how is it going so far?