DAY TWO FOR MY INCOGNITO BRACES;KEEP UP THE JOURNAL

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aliviu

DAY TWO FOR MY INCOGNITO BRACES;KEEP UP THE JOURNAL

#1 Post by aliviu »

I passed the first day with Incognito.My orthodontist warned me is the toughest day.And sure wasn`t a walk in the park.She said to me could be the same the second day too.It`s not.I can work almost as usually.Its` much better.No crispy or sticky aliments.If you think about linguals prepare to drink with straw the first days and only to drink.This is my point of view.Keep the pace with my journal.

aliviu

Re: DAY TWO FOR MY INCOGNITO BRACES;KEEP UP THE JOURNAL

#2 Post by aliviu »

Forgot to say:I`m a man of 39 years.

aliviu

#3 Post by aliviu »

Day three: I succeeded to eat some vegetal dry rolls and a few potatoes.Will still be days until I will can do it close to normal.In the first hour after the fitting of the brackets I could eat better but not as usual.

Just remember:the first day after the fitting IS THE HARDEST OF ALL.Exactly how my orthodontist told me.After 30 hours my mouth started to adjust.So you have to encourage yourself to finish the first day.They say the first week is hardest of all too and consequently the first month.But I`m still in the third day.

Tongue irritation:present.I recommend Paradontax tooth paste.Contains some plant healing oils which helped me a lot.

Lisp:present.I`m a little funny.If you rely on speaking at your work prepare at least a couple of weeks of vacation for that.You won`t make it otherwise.I`m an economist but I feel would be extremely hard if I would rely on my speaking.

Orthodontist:it`s important especially if you have complex dental issues to get one of the best orthodontist in the aria.My orthodontist is close to 40 ,is in the faculty of a medical university, graduaded L`ecole D`orthodontie linguale de Paris and has more than three years an a half of practice in this subdomain of orthodontics.

I`m ready for any questions.

aliviu

#4 Post by aliviu »

Day four: it`s becoming better

In day three I gave up and decided to put some wax which my orthodontist gave me.I took one paracetamol in the afternoon.This is anti-inflammatory and also according to prescription.Remember TONGUE IRRITATION IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM especially when you have brackets on both arches.So I recommend to sensitive persons to get INCOGNITO.Why? The gold alloy is very body friendly and you could avoid an allergy which nickel based alloys could add to irritation and make your life a hell.Added to that, the fact the brackets are computer designed at maximum precision for your dentition minimize the pressure discomfort in teeth and tongue.So don`t try to deceive yourself saying:Oh,STB is cheaper and now has the thinnest brackets cause you could be wrong regarding the outcome.Ask yourself if it`s worth to causes you pains for weeks for 500 USD...

Norrie

#5 Post by Norrie »

Glad that you're getting through well! I'm just over six months in with Incognitos, and the first few weeks were tough with eating and speaking.

I actually just got an adjustment (my 5th, I think), and have spent the week having to re-adjust to eating and speaking all over again. I don't know why; perhaps my bite changed drastically.

Anti-inflammatory meds have been my best friend since getting braces. I use them after every adjustment.

Good luck, and keep up the updates!

aliviu

#6 Post by aliviu »

Thanks Norrie for posting om my thread.Very kind from your side.I was glad when I saw your name cause I`ve had been reading about your experiences so I knew about you.So you`re the teacher and I`m the student here.I feel is better but I can`t be very relaxed regarding my sentimental life cause I still my jaws are a little tight.Could you have had relaxed social/sentimental reports Norrie? From what week?

Day seven:

Finally I feel is becoming to normal but I have to recognize in day five I bought a med for oral thrush.Is called AFTY and is made by URGO in France.Contains cellulose extract and protects, calms down and helps healing.Was a real help and I could eat better and my tongue irritation calmed down fast and for significant periods of time.So, today I feel much closer to normal.

Remember, the irritation of the tongue is healing itself in 10-14 days but to eat until then will not be easy cause of tongue irritation and gums together .So it`s about how much you can wait.You can get rid of one of these at least if you want.

aliviu

#7 Post by aliviu »

Day 21 st:

After 12 days my tongue irritation vanished so my life came to normal regarding eating.

Using waterpik, sonicare and rarely, dental floss, I succeeded to keep my hygiene.I`m close to normal excepting my jaws are a little tight but I can live normal life.

Norrie

#8 Post by Norrie »

Glad to hear an update! I'm sorry that I missed the last one.
I really do think that it gets easier and easier. I go for long stretches of time now without remembering that I have braces, which is nice. I would say that I turned a corner at about three months, and felt like I really had a good grasp on them.

Are you still using wax, or not at all? I'm a giant baby and still use wax daily.

Good to hear about the hygiene! That part is so important, especially with Incognitos. I don't know how I survived without the WaterPik for the first few months.

aliviu

#9 Post by aliviu »

Thanks for replying Norrie.You`re such a nice lady.No, I don`t use wax and I didn`t almost at all.I think you`re rather more feminine than a baby.A very strong appearing women is not a very attractive one.I`d like to invite you for a coffee or a tea in my city.But I think it`s difficult cause I live in Bucharest, capital of Romania.

revealsmile

#10 Post by revealsmile »

Why hello there, aliviu *raising eyebrow*
I'm kidding, of course, but hey, i love your English, i thought you must be a native. Good luck with your journey!
Can we see before pictures, pretty-pretty please?

aliviu

#11 Post by aliviu »

I have no personal pictures.

31st day,

Ladies and gentlemen, I`m glad I passed the first month. As I`ve already mentioned from 12th day I succeeded to eat.A few days ago I had a new small tongue irritation, I used again Afty from URGO, France and now it`s gone.There is an estimation in 6 weeks from now on I`ll have the main malpositions corrected.

aliviu

#12 Post by aliviu »

Three months gone.Is not so fast as previewed but the changes are visible and even can be felt.Probably after 5 months I will have all teeth aligned but just because I`m a difficult case.If I would have had a regular malocclusion my teeth would have been aligned now.

aliviu

#13 Post by aliviu »

Five months gone.Despite the fact I have not yet a complete alignement, I already feel the benefits of the Incognito.It`s worth the investment.

robbievega

#14 Post by robbievega »

thanks for the updates aliviu. im on the verge of getting incognito braces (upper and lower) myself (male 37) but all the horror stories made me start to doubt. its good to hear its worth the investment according to you. how are things now? still have a lisp, or trouble eating?

aliviu

#15 Post by aliviu »

robbievega wrote:thanks for the updates aliviu. im on the verge of getting incognito braces (upper and lower) myself (male 37) but all the horror stories made me start to doubt. its good to hear its worth the investment according to you. how are things now? still have a lisp, or trouble eating?
Glad to answer to you Robbie.Incognito is the ultimate technique in orthodontics.Of course you can choose other brackets with your orthodontist BUT:

-if you choose classics brackets you`ll have more comfort for the critical period(max. 4 weeks) but you`ll look like a teenager and you would be practically forced to wash your teeth after every little snack otherwise your teeth would be in big danger.

-if you choose other lingual brackets you`ll have both more discomfort and danger to your teeth (but not as much as with classic brackets)

The critical period was no longer than 12 days in my case.After this time I was able to eat normally.After maximum four weeks you`ll have no lisp anymore.The first days will seem hard but if you`re determined and keep in mind "every hour passed it`s field won" you`ll get to the final line.

My case: I`m not married yet so Incognito or a lingual were the option from the start.

If you have a family and social interactions are not so decisive for you could choose classic brackets
but if you have some money ans some social image you want to protect why to not endure a few days of discomfort?