Nervous about not liking result

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Macbear14

Nervous about not liking result

#1 Post by Macbear14 »

Hi there! I'm just turning 35 and have opted to go for the Incognito braces which are due to be fitted in 8 weeks time. I've still to have my moulds taken and sent away which will be done 2 weeks from now only I'm really nervous about not liking the end result and having put myself through pain and time when I actually don't really hate my teeth but have always wanted them straightened. My front two teeth are butterfly shaped due to my teeth pushing them forward. I had braces when I was in high school but never wore the retainer so have ended up with a relapse. Has any one else felt scared about not liking the end result? I'm in two minds wether to go ahead.... :roll:

wodezuiai0000

Re: Nervous about not liking result

#2 Post by wodezuiai0000 »

I am really proud of your courage and commitment to do this! I am 25 and am also worry about the result.

Dervish

#3 Post by Dervish »

Everyone has those fears. However, if you're getting braces you're 100% certain not to be happy with the starting result. I'm 31 and the only regret I have is not doing it sooner!

Norrie

#4 Post by Norrie »

I had a complete freak out right after doing the moulds for my Incognitos, but before having them put on. I was sure that I'd made a terrible decision, that I'd hate them, that I'd hate my teeth, blah blah blah. I was so freaking anxious that I couldn't believe it.

Six months in I can say that I haven't loved every moment of it, but I am very glad that I got them, and I think that I will love the end result.

What is it about Incognitos specifically that makes you worry about the result? What kind of result would make you unhappy? Make sure that you talk this over with your doctor so he/she is aware.

Tebin

#5 Post by Tebin »

Hi. I'm 58 and just got linguals on the tip and ceramics on the bottom 4 days ago. I wore braces 40 years ago in high school but I never wore that awful mouthpiece retainer so my top teeth went buck again bad I have a tooth on the front bottom that is being crowded out and pushed backwards. I wish I had done these braces again years ago, but better late than never! Right now I'm not sure if linguals on the top was the right decision cause when I bite my molars do not come close to meeting so I don't know when I will be able to chew anything up again. But if and when I get over that I will be glad that when my top teeth start to straighten up you will not be able to see the braces. Anyway, really looking forward to 18 to 20 months from now when they come off and my teeth won't embarrass me anymore!

IncognitoChris

#6 Post by IncognitoChris »

I did a lot of research before committing to braces, there is a common theme I have observed.

1) Everyone is nervous and second guesses their decisions before getting fitted.
2) Most people say their only regret is they had done it sooner.
3) People are very honest about their experiences, so there shouldn't be any huge surprises for you.
4) It's never as bad as your brain tells you it's going to be !! :crazy:

steven

#7 Post by steven »

If you want to make improvement in your looks then you should go ahead. I advise you to don't think bad for the future results, Think positive about your future results.

steven

#8 Post by steven »

Everyone has the same feeling. But this depends upon person to person how you face the situation. You should positive about your result whatever it is.

31ling

#9 Post by 31ling »

I was also nervous about this. .. also I worried that it wouldn't even make much difference and it would be a wage of pain/money but actually the results are already fantastic and I only wish I'd done this sooner!

31ling

#10 Post by 31ling »

...waste of time/money, not wage!