How long

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

revealsmile

Re: How long

#16 Post by revealsmile »

Simple: i've been slacking with updates. BUT i promise i will update it wonderfully on the 12th of february, when i'll be getting metal braces on my bottom teeth. Can't wait for that (train tracks for the win).
A week ago i had one of my horizontally impacted wisdom teeth ripped off my mouth and since then i've been on antibiotics and ibuprofen. The extraction was horrible. It lasted about 40 minutes and the doc had to cut the tooth in 2 before removing it. After the procedure half of my lower lip was not working. Doc was like: rinse your mouth with water! i was like : ok - and spilled water everywhere. "Um...Doc, i think i'm numb". It was funny when i was trying to whistle while looking in the mirror, but quickly became a reason for mild anxiety when i faced my workmates. At night i had fever and chills. Half of my head was burning with pain and looked disgustingly swollen. I still feel pain in my jaw. Tomorrow i'm having the last one taken out. The nurses there already know me and giggle when they look at my X-rays. Ooooh how i dearly love them! Can i say that i hate those instruments that look like screwdrivers? Fudge those.
Oh, and last time i visited my ortho he changed my wire with a thicker one. That was the first time in like 7 month. To be honest i'm not happy with how my teeth look like, my arch is narrow. i feel like it's so ugly. i'd like an expander. Should i ask for one? Oh but then i remember my "before" teeth. *shudder* :)

Lalaloo

#17 Post by Lalaloo »

Well... you promised :(.

I will post some updated pictures at the beginning of March, after my adjustment.

revealsmile

#18 Post by revealsmile »

Hey, after the last extraction i felt (still feeling) extremely sick. After a month of going to hospitals and running blood tests i finally accepted that the adrenaline caused me a horrible panic disorder. Now i'm on antidepressants and anxiolytics for this disorder. I couldn't even move/breathe properly, let alone go to the ortho. When i'm going to feel better, i will to update you guys. I even seized going to work.

Lalaloo

#19 Post by Lalaloo »

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you are better now. You panic disorder has been caused by the extraction? Did they use too much adrenaline?

revealsmile

#20 Post by revealsmile »

I am a bit better now, but still missing work. Yes, that is what i've been told. The adrenaline from the extraction caused all this mess inside my brain. 3 or 4 different doctors told me that. The thing is that i remember asking for more anesthethic because i was in such great pain, so maybe it was too much. Now i feel nausea, paresthesia, difficulty breathing, exhaustion, muscle pain, and i was a normal 26 year old person before.
Cipralex and Lexotan gave me some nasy side effects as well, but i felt i couldn't live without them.