Just got lingual braces

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

revealsmile

Re: Just got lingual braces

#16 Post by revealsmile »

Hi Norrie! So you joined the fellowship of the lingual braces. If you hate them then you must know that's a step before(?) loving them.
As for my evolution, it is slow, but (hopefully) will lead me to good results. You can take a look through my blog posts which I try to keep short and simple.
I don't notice a lisp anymore (i don't know whether i just got used to the way i speak or i got accustomed with the device in my mouth) and I have no problem with eating pretty much anything. But i do have some trouble with my ortho who forgot to tie an elastic last time i've seen him, so my archwire is sort of jiggly now. I tried to fix that, but it seems that all the orthos are going to the dental clinics once a month... "Avis rara".
So, do you have any pictures to share?

Norrie

Re: Just got lingual braces

#17 Post by Norrie »

Hi, Reveal!
I just read through your blog, and love it. You're pretty sassy with your writing, which I enjoy.

I'm blown away by how much improvement you've had! I hope that I have a similar course.

I don't have photos yet, but will take some this weekend. My teeth are actually pretty straight for the most part, but I have an overbite. The biggest problem is that my bite is way, way wonky, so that's why I ended up in Incognito instead of Invisalign as I'd originally hoped.

I'll be two weeks out on Monday, and am still struggling with talking and eating. It's really bumming me out, and I sort of wish that I had never done this. From glancing around the forum, it looks like many others have felt the same way, so I'm trying to power through.

I'm still using tons of silicone wax (stuff of the gods), and just ordered more from Amazon. I've gone without any wax for the past two days at work in an attempt to toughen up and just get used to it, but by the time that I get home, I'm miserable.

I'm being a giant baby about the whole thing. :)