Incognito Lite - 2 Days In

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kpax2013

Incognito Lite - 2 Days In

#1 Post by kpax2013 »

So it's finally official! Just got my Incognito Lite on Wed. I had to wait longer than usual because my ortho said they made 2 or 3 adjustments with 3M (the manufacturer) before finalizing the treatment plan; think it took ~3 months for my trays to come in.

It's only been 2 days, but here's what I can share so far:

- I'm hungry :tingrin: . Everyone who's done this has said eating is a challenge, and they were right. Not just because teeth are sore, but also because my bottom teeth hit my top brackets first, so it's going to be tough to chew, even when I feel like it. Was limited to liquid meal supplements, smoothies & yogurt, but have had some success today with some solid foods (still need to be soft & cut up).

- The process of getting them put on was pretty straight-forward, appt lasted 2 hrs.

- Wax is my new best friend. Will try not to be uber-dependent, but for now, I'm going to use it when I need it.

- Oral hygiene is tricky. Gonna take some practice getting my teeth clean back there. Glad I invested in a waterpik, it already has shown to get some 'stuff' out that the toothbrush didn't. The flossing is tough - especially on top! Haven't figured out how to thread that SuperFloss up there...

- Took quite a bit of Advil the day after they went on, but haven't taken any today. Will enjoy a nice cold margarita to celebrate (and then brush immediately after, of course).

- Ortho has estimated my treatment time to be no more than 18 months. Seems long, but time goes by so fast, I'm sure it'll be here before I know it.

Oh, and I sneezed today - and boy did it hurt! Didn't realize I would actually bite down & kind of grit my teeth when I did it. So my bottom teeth really slammed my top brackets. Will remember that next time :D

Good luck to everybody - if you're considering linguals, be sure to share your story & ask questions. This message board has been SO helpful. I'll post an update when I have something worth sharing!

Carlosis

Re: Incognito Lite - 2 Days In

#2 Post by Carlosis »

Looks like we're in a similar boat, got my lower ones fitted Wednesday. Getting the uppers in a month although i have the full incognito.

Wax has been a savior for me too, there's two at the front left that have been shredding my tongue and i've had to resort to using wax when i eat, even though i end up swallowing it at some point.

I too got the Waterpik, it's amazing! i'm yet to try proper flossing yet but i think i might just stick to using the Waterpik and brushing as that seems to be keeping everything clean thus far.