Harmony Lingual braces

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mikeloop

Harmony Lingual braces

#1 Post by mikeloop »

Hey guys.. a local orthodontist just received Harmony lingual appliances and I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or has any thoughts about them?

annepanne

Re: Harmony Lingual braces

#2 Post by annepanne »

Yes, I have them. They're great. I mean -it was very difficult and painful to eat and talk in the beginning, but now I've almost
forgotten that I have them! I just had jaw surgery, and my surgeon did it with only lingual braces.

annepanne

#3 Post by annepanne »

I just read you post again -I think I would think twice about going to an orthodontist who "just received" Harmony braces. Then he has no experience with it??

bmueller

#4 Post by bmueller »

I believe they are a new technology. The harmony brackets are self-ligating so no elastic o-rings are needed. My ortho just started advertizing them but has been using the traditional lingual braces for years.

Just make sure your orthodontist is qualified for lingual braces and you should be good to go.

Lalaloo

#5 Post by Lalaloo »

What is the difference between harmony braces and stb braves?

steven

#6 Post by steven »

It is the invisible solution that is digitally customised for each and every patient. The harmony system attaches to the interior side of your teeth, so no one knows you are wearing braces. The hamony system has amazinng results.

wigglewiggle

#7 Post by wigglewiggle »

What I liked about Harmony was that its propagated as self-ligating braces so no need for rubbers. Is this true?

tonyk

#8 Post by tonyk »

From what I can tell, Harmony brackets are self-ligating, meaning the archwire is held in place by a mechanical mechanism on each bracket rather than the small elastic ties like Incognito or standard (outer side the tooth) brackets. Whether or not that is an advantage or a disadvantage is not clear to me, although the company uses it as a marketing claim. Because I have Incognitos myself, I can tell you that it takes very little time to apply elastics in your orthodontist's office. Otherwise Harmony is like Incognito (inside your teeth, so out of sight, CAD/CAM design, robotically bent archwires). One difference I believe is that with Harmony the CAD/CAM technology is used to customize pads that fit between your teeth and a standard set of brackets, whereas with Incognito there is no pad, and it's the brackets themselves that are custom designed and are bonded directly to your teeth. I would guess that Incognito has a lower profile because there's no pad and a simpler fixation system for the archwire. That could be important if it takes up less space inside your mouth.

onecrookedtooth

#9 Post by onecrookedtooth »

I have recently had harmony braces fitted, top and bottom. Is it correct that there is only 4 wires total?

I just had AOO surgery, so my wires will be changed every 3 weeks. If the above is true, I will be on my last wire in no time!

Would love to hear experiences with the harmony system...