Newly Incognito-d/Teeth grinding

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

instigatelove

Newly Incognito-d/Teeth grinding

#1 Post by instigatelove »

Hello,
After a lot of online research (including here), I got Incognito on my top almost a month ago. I figured I would share what it has been like so far since I read a lot of things that terrified me before getting them myself. Overall, it has been a good experience so far!

Unfortunately, I had to get two teeth extracted. This is what I hate about the process the most so I would love to hear how long it took for your (if applicable) gaps to close. So far I haven't really felt any pressure on my canines and those are my biggest problem while also being the ones that will need to move to close the gap. My orthodontist was nice enough to take my pulled teeth and bond them to cover the gaps, but I have already experienced one of them coming off twice. If I am paying to go the invisible route, I am really not happy to think that people might be wondering why I am missing a tooth since they can't see the braces. I'm just going to wait until my next appointment to ask him to re-bond it for the third time because I'm starting to feel like a pain.

Immediately after getting them on, I felt great and had no speech problems at all. The next day and probably up to a little over a week after, I was struggling a bit with 's' sounds. It really wasn't that bad although it was a bit embarrassing since I am a teacher and had no choice but to talk a lot everyday. However, it is now all back to normal. I also expected my tongue to constantly be in pain. Right after getting them on, I did go back to get the end of my right wire cut because it was cutting into my tongue. It really isn't anything that wax can't fix and my tongue is getting used to that problem spot.

A question I have for you all is, what can be done about teeth grinding? I wake up feeling like I had been grinding a certain bottom tooth into the top canine. This tooth is also right next to the extraction gap, which might be why that bonded tooth keeps falling out. I may just be imagining it, but the top of this bottom tooth looks a bit worn so I am worried it could possibly chip if this continues. Is there some kind of mouth guard I can wear on the bottom to fix this without having to mess with my bite during the day (by adding more height to my molars or whatever the ortho might do if I bring this up)?