New Incognito

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Old Lady

New Incognito

#1 Post by Old Lady »

I am on the finally count down to getting Incognito braces on!
I am really excited because at 62 years of age I am taking steps to close large gaps in top four front teeth, and realign my bottom teeth also.
Unfortuantely my top jaw is way larger than the bottom and sits ahead of the bottom, so at my age the only possible realignmnet of both will be with a herbst attahed to an essix retainer.
More news as I go on!!
For all you people out there having orthodontic work done I have heard marvels about a new product to relieve wire and bracket irritation!!

lisette

Re: New Incognito

#2 Post by lisette »

Congrats on beiginning this journey! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Old Lady

#3 Post by Old Lady »

Thank you so much for replying.
I had my brace day date changed because of the complexity of bending wires for my top teeth.
I have gaps that are noticeable in eight top teeth before molars, so the preplanning is more intricate.
My new date is April 11, as I wanted to avoid Easter, having two dinners that day!

Old Lady

#4 Post by Old Lady »

[quote="Old Lady"]I am on the finally count down to getting Incognito braces on!
I am really excited because at 62 years of age I am taking steps to close large gaps in top four front teeth, and realign my bottom teeth also.
Unfortunately my top jaw is way larger than the bottom and sits ahead of the bottom, so at my age the only possible realignment of both will be with a herbst attahed to an essix retainer.
More news as I go on!!
For all you people out there having orthodontic work done I have heard marvels about a new product to relieve wire and bracket irritation!![/quote]
My braces on day was scheduled for April 10th.
I had a real problem getting braces on because I have a really strong tongue and it is impossible to keep it from trusting and poking. I played clarinet for 5 years in an orchestra.
I kept gagging on the Nola device with the tongue holder.
So, I came home with only half the lower brackets and no top ones.
So have to reschedule to get the rest as soon as the orthodontist gets some other tools to help with this.
After all that work trying to hold my jaws open they were sore so I took a regular strength Tylenol at bedtime.
Day 1: with brackets: my tongue is very sore on the bottom from rubbing on the brackets and the tip is also sore from poking.

hai

#5 Post by hai »

How is the incognito going??

I am sure you are feeling in a lot less pain than when you posted initially - well i do hope you are anyway :lol:

I am having my incognitos fitted on friday and I am very scared... excited...well apprehensive its a weird feeling!

Any advice you can give would be greatly received, i have read so much but i am still scared!! ps well done you for getting them on at 62 - its never too late :heart:

Sugarelle

#6 Post by Sugarelle »

Why is it that our tongues are so inquisitive, I wish they would just sit still and not go proding around our mouths and get hurt :? I can't stop it happening, it's like my tongue has a mind of it's own.....

I haven't got my wires yet but have my brackets on top and bottom and had an expander on the top for 2 weeks now, feels longer than that tho.

hai

#7 Post by hai »

Tell me about it !!!

I keep hearing myself say to people "you've no idea how much you use your tongue!"

I'm three weeks into incognitos and I am still scraping my tongue and occasional days my speech is worse than others.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results and I think my really wonky bottom teeth look a weeny bit straighter already!!!

I wanted to ween myself off of wax but I just see that happening :flowerbloom:

Old Lady

#8 Post by Old Lady »

I still do not have Incognito, on just the half arch bottom.
The problem is my tongue.
I played clarinet for five years in a orchestra when I was way younger, and my tongue is super strong and very pokey.
I also have a very strong gag reflex.
We have tried several times with different solutions.
We were so close last time with one sedative and numbing spray.
But I had a bad cold so post nasal drip made it worse for gagging.
I want to try once again.
This time with cold medication, 2 sedatives, and the numbing spray.