6 month Smile treatment

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FRANK30

6 month Smile treatment

#1 Post by FRANK30 »

Hi, I'm new to the site and 6 weeks into having my lingual brace fitted on my top teeth ("6 month smile treatment"). I have already noticed a huge difference and at this rate, my dentist says it should be off in 2 months! Quicker than I thought.

I have the clear brackets with a white wire & clear elastics, I have noticed my teeth become stained if I eat anything dark, like marmite, dark sauces, tea etc. They change the elastics every month which isn't so bad, but I am self-conscious so I tend not to smile too much. Can anyone recommend a good cleaning method to minimise this (other than the obvious)?

The problem I have is the brackets at the back of my teeth "catch" on the inside of my mouth which can be incredibly painful. I tried the ortho-wax, rubbing it onto the bracket, but didn't find this to be effective. Can anyone recommend something to avoid this happening?

Thanks and good luck if anyone else is considering this treatment. I have found it to be very effective (and uncomfortable!)

Fangpull

Re: 6 month Smile treatment

#2 Post by Fangpull »

The best you can do is to avoid food products that can cause this kind of discolouration. I advise mouth washes like Peroxyl that contains hydrogen peroxide to improve things a bit. Do NOT take a big mouthful and rinse for at least 2 minutes.

Ruzzzz

Re: 6 month Smile treatment

#3 Post by Ruzzzz »

At last I have found someone who is doing the six month smiles as a lingual treatment! Could you tell me how it's been for you? How far you are into the treatment? Where you got it done and also any speech problems? Sorry for the questions! Thanx