Question for those who BITE is the only issue

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

diegorgeous

Question for those who BITE is the only issue

#1 Post by diegorgeous » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:24 am

Hey,
For those of you who have pretty much straight teeth, but have only bite issues, like for example i have a protrusion and have to push everything back. So i'm doing 4 premolar extractions then all pushed back.
Does your treatment go straight into closing the gaps?? Do you start to wear elastics immediately?? THANKS

peacefrog

Re: Question for those who BITE is the only issue

#2 Post by peacefrog » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:49 am

I mainly have bite issues. I have wore elastics since day 1. I have been told I will wear elastics for my entire treatment. I am not sure about extraction gaps as I didn't need to have any teeth extracted.

drrick

#3 Post by drrick » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 am

You still have to level, align, and rotate the teeth into a plane of space that allows a stiff, thick archwire on which you can start space closure.

Also even though you think your teeth may look straight there are often issues that muct be addressed, IOW you may not have rotated teeth but the archform can be squared off or you can have a big curve in the alignement of your teeth that needs to be straightened.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

drgnchsr36

#4 Post by drgnchsr36 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am

I have pretty straight teeth, but have a deep bite issue. I won't be getting elastics until later. I'm in the beginning phase of the aligning and leveling.. the next phase I think is to get my lower braces on and opening my bite with a bite plate or build ups -- I'm not sure when I'm getting elastics, I just know that I am sometime during the treatment.

diegorgeous

#5 Post by diegorgeous » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

thanks ok i think i get it. Is there a way to make teetch appear smaller with braces?? my upper incisors look almost about the same size as my upper 2 front teeth and i don't think thats exactly right. i think they should be about 1/3 smaller.