Going from Linguals to 'external' braces at finishing stage?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

maxhammer

Re: Going from Linguals to 'external' braces at finishing st

#16 Post by maxhammer »

My ortho suggested changing lingual to standard. I'm about 9 months into treatment. I think I'll consider it once the gaps are closed. One reason I like linguals is that you can clearly see the progress. I'm extremely visual, so the standard braces prevent me from seeing fine details. Or, so I feared. I also am 35 so I didn't want outer braces. He thinks I have 10 more months if I stick with linguals, and he said switching would speed that up a little. I figure in March I'll change for the last six months.

sharp

#17 Post by sharp »

maxhammer wrote:My ortho suggested changing lingual to standard. I'm about 9 months into treatment. I think I'll consider it once the gaps are closed. One reason I like linguals is that you can clearly see the progress. I'm extremely visual, so the standard braces prevent me from seeing fine details. Or, so I feared. I also am 35 so I didn't want outer braces. He thinks I have 10 more months if I stick with linguals, and he said switching would speed that up a little. I figure in March I'll change for the last six months.

its rare to completely finish it with linguals

maxhammer

#18 Post by maxhammer »

Yeah, I actually made the change this week. I'm on standard braces now. I honestly like them more. I thought I'd be self-conscious, but honestly I don't care. People should be proud of me for finally fixing my teeth! If they snicker it's due to their own issues, you know? Time to rock these things for another year and move on with life.

sharp

#19 Post by sharp »

Go hard QT.

Don't accept anything less than 100% perfect results.

If you've paid money and haven't got the results, take this joker to the cleaners. Get rid of him and go to someone else.

He sounds like he might not know what he's doing.