5 weeks of linguals

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skills

5 weeks of linguals

#1 Post by skills »

:D :evil: Just wanted to keep you all updated on my progress with the lingual braces. Im sure loads of you would love to know more about them...so would I!!! I have been looking for info on them ever since I heard about them but i still havent found anything regarding their rate of success. I am very nervous that they somehow wont work. My old orthodontist said he didnt do them because they were impractical and inaccurate. Obviously the guy who put them on says they work perfectly. Has anyone here had lingual braces and not had success??

Well, I went back to the orthodontist yesterday to get them tightened for the 1st time. Man, it is a pain i tell you..just when everything was starting to feel comfortable. One of my front lower teeth is metting the top front tooth when i chew down and it seems to be pushing it further out of place at the moment.. hopefully it will move further back and the problem will stop but it slightly worries me as i am leaving london tomorrow headed for a remote island in the Bahamas for 3 months, and wont be able to get to an orthodontist if something goes wrong. hopefully it wont tho. but i do remember when I first got the linguals they made my bite really weird and pushed some teeth into weird positions for the first few days and then it went back to normal. Does this happen to everyone? or is it just me??
anyways get writing I want to know as much about this as possible.
thanks