7 days or upper linguals, 3 of lowers..getting there i think

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skills

7 days or upper linguals, 3 of lowers..getting there i think

#1 Post by skills »

ok i woke up this afternoon in a lot of pain, but having said that i did manage to have quite an articulated conversation with my boyfriend in st lucia. i had avoided calling him this whole week in hope that i would be able to get over the speech thing, but he was wondering why i had gone cold on him and so i decided to ring before he dumped me. he said he could hardly notice..which is good, although to me it sounds like every word is a thssss.

I now understand the technique needed to speak properly. You just have to open your mouth wide, and move your tongue back behind the linguals. it is easier said than done tho.....Im sure that soon i will be ok..its just getting through these two weeks that hasnt exactly been fun.

it seems that even popping 3/4 neurofin still doesnt numb the pain. Can anyone suggest any other pain killers bar morphine which would do the trick??

canicula

Re: 7 days or upper linguals, 3 of lowers..getting there i t

#2 Post by canicula »

skills wrote:Can anyone suggest any other pain killers bar morphine which would do the trick??
People are different. What works well for one person might not for for the next. Personally I take Panadol Extra. They work like a charm for me.

Try a few different pain killers, with different active agents (aspirin, paracetomol, ibuprofen) until you find one that works for you.

Don't take them all at the same time. obviously!!

Ian