I got my braces on exactly 26 hours ago FRUSTRATION

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

inalotofpain

I got my braces on exactly 26 hours ago FRUSTRATION

#1 Post by inalotofpain »

Hello Everyone, I got my lingual braces on my top teeth exactly 26 hours ago, they did not hurt when getting them put on, nor did they hurt until around 6 hours later when they started aching, they have been aching heaps ever since, i cannot touch any of my top teeth with my bottum teeth and there is no builders to stop them touching, its the brackets and the wires that are stopping this from happening, is this normal? will it change? if so how long will it take before i can chew? im going crazy here

Volare

#2 Post by Volare »

Ibuprofen is your friend!
I had my top arch wired for 3 years, 9 months, 3 weeks and 3 days with iBraces
I had my bottom arch wired for 3 years, 8 months, 1 week, and 4 days with iBraces
with Clarity conventional brackets top and bottom

rolo

#3 Post by rolo »

It lasts a couple of days.

As posted ibuprofen great stuff!

Pain = movement, for me I only get pain when a tooth starts moving in a certain direction, my first three days were the worst.

SwsMiss

#4 Post by SwsMiss »

I'm 24 hours behind you as far as my start time...I can't count the number of IB, Tylenol PM, Advil, and Aleve I've taken in the last few days!

I'm in so much pain at night I literally have to just knock myself out...and I HATE taking medication.

I'm really regretting this whole process already and can't imagine being able to do this for another 14 months!

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

This is a forum for lingual related issues, swsmiss. I seem to recall you're doing ceramics on top and metal on the bottom.

Give yourself a few weeks to adjust. If you're still experiencing significant pain, consult a doctor.

Jay Tea

#6 Post by Jay Tea »

it lasts a while you just some how have to suck up the pain.

Jay Tea

#7 Post by Jay Tea »

it lasts a while you just some how have to suck up the pain.