Why ibraces? Tell me/us your story!

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chicagogal

Why ibraces? Tell me/us your story!

#1 Post by Chicagogal »

Hello! :idea: I've read over many of the questions and cases on here, and searched for answers to my questions but I thought it might be helpful to have a place to refer back to for your original stats/case/diagnosis (or when folks see your username pop up elsewhere to have a reference to your case) since everyone here is interested in, or being treated with, ibraces but are all coming in under different circumstances.
PICTURES VERY WELCOME! (before, during, after)

my first question in here is "why ibraces, why not invisalign or traditional"?

stats to include:
age or age range (20-30, 30-40, 40+ *no teens please, sorry, adult treatment focused*)
general geographic area (not too personal)
number of consultations and outcome before deciding
price of treatment (if you're comfortable)
description of treatment, pre care and appliances or prior treatment, and potential post treatment/outcome
how far along in the process you are

lionfish

Re: Why ibraces? Tell me/us your story!

#2 Post by lionfish »

I went in looking for Invisalign because I wanted treatment to be as invisible as possible. It wasn't suitable for my case (mild underbite, upper overcrowding, cross bite, posterior open bite). The next best option was linguals. I almost went fully lingual but decided I could probably live with a mix of ceramic and metal lowers on the bottom. I have been able to live with it!

I'm over 50...and live in Australia.

I had a consult when I was 18 (in another country), and it was a very bad experience. It would have been full metal bands if I'd gone ahead. This encounter scared me off getting another opinion for more than three decades.

I had another consult 2 years ago with an ortho recommended by my regular dentist. He offered me two treatment plans: one with surgery and one without. The second option came with an 80% plus chance of success but I went with it anyway. My ortho respected my decision and has worked with me to achieve the best possible outcome.

Price: approximately AUD14K.

Treatment: moderate expansion of upper arch, pulling back of lower arch (I had extraction gaps from teen years which had to be closed), lots of powerchains particularly on the bottom, lots of elastics particularly to close open bite, IPR to get rid of black triangles, more powerchains. I've had several wire changes, particularly on the bottom. I didn't have any appliances pre braces e.g. expander.

I'm 19 months into treatment and hope to be debanded by November. I will have retainers, but I'm not sure what kind yet. Am I happy with the outcome? You bet. To have come this far in a comparatively short time is nothing short of fantastic.

ibraceface

#3 Post by ibraceface »

I wanted invisalign too... but- i had to have 4 extractions and i have an impacted canine in the roof of my mouth that's being brought down with a chain. I have to also wear elastics. so, clearly, invisalign wasn't a choice for me! I wanted everything to be INVISIBLE so I only looked into Ibraces.

I am 22, from South Carolina, i had 4 consultations- and chose a woman who is incredibly, sweet, and intelligent. she was the only one who agreed to remove my baby teeth which was important to me! My Ibraces were 9,700 (including extractions)- but I got a discount and they were roughly 7650.

My braces will be on for 20-26 months and... i'll be wearing elastics/power chains for a good bit of my treatment. I have had them on for... two weeks... i'm a newbie! BUT.... I LOVE THEM!

Dkelly

#4 Post by Dkelly »

iBraces are the only truly invisible appliance. Each bracket pad is designed to the anatomy of your tooth. It is a custom device that uses the latest technology to straigten teeth. Invisalign is a good product however it did not interest me because you have to take them out when you eat and keep up with 20 to 30 different alligners (I have a hard enought time keeping up with one night guard). I started treatment when I was 44 and eleven months later I was done. I had lower arch treatment for severe anterior crowding. Never had braces as a child. Never had a speech problem and I never lost a bracket. My tongue was sore initially but I got used it within a couple of weeks. I used a sonic care and a waterpik at least twice a day and I recommend it to anyone in lingual treatment. The waterpik really keeps the brackets clean. Treatment prices really do vary within cities and states and countries. More and more orthodontist are becoming iBraces providers so I would shop around and find the one you are most comfortable with. Hope this helps and good luck.