How Long.....

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BlahBlah

How Long.....

#1 Post by BlahBlah »

Hi Everyone...
How Long was everyone told approx. they will have their Linguals on for?
Just curious....
I know it sometimes doesn't work out that time but what estimates did everyone get???

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Bearing in mind that I have linguals only on top (ceramics on the bottom), and that every case is different.....

At my initial consult, I was given an 18 month estimate. I'm one year into treatment on 7 Feb - next week. Yesterday I heard the magic words, "not long to go now" and "May or June". I'm not at all unhappy with that scenario!

BTW, only one floor separates us now. My ortho has moved to new offices on L4. We are bound to run into each other some time soon!

BlahBlah

#3 Post by BlahBlah »

Yes indeed, What do u look like? :wink:

I was there on Monday...

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Missed you by a day! Next time I'll tap on the ceiling three times. Answer me if you're there by tapping twice on the floor. Ha ha!!

I look like Angelina Jolie...no, really, she'd like to look like me.
:lol:

173 cm tall, medium build, average weight, grey hair, glasses, mauve ligs on bottom braces - that's the clincher. Ha ha!!!!

You can tell I'm in a silly mood.

AG

#5 Post by AG »

I am wearing ibraces at top, and ceramics at bottom. I have been told, I will be wearing braces for 16-18 months. Hope it helps.

katia2298

#6 Post by katia2298 »

hey there....they gave me an estimate of 1 year although its only been 2 weeks and my teeth have been moving really fast so I'm hoping it's shorter. Good luck with the braces! :D

antsika

#7 Post by antsika »

It seems I have the longest sentence, app. 2 years... and I think I am going to need it...
But I don't mind, sometimes I really forget I have braces :D

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

BlahBlah

#8 Post by BlahBlah »

I'm with u on that one antsika... i was told 18-24months..
I don't mind... It's totally worth it.
The beauty of having Linguals is that there's no rush to take them off because they are hidden anyway...

itsjustme

#9 Post by itsjustme »

antsika wrote:It seems I have the longest sentence, app. 2 years... and I think I am going to need it...
But I don't mind, sometimes I really forget I have braces :D
Antsika, I think I have a longer sentence than you! My ortho said it would take 26 months for me! I think he is just adding on the time to cover for the fact that he has never worked with ibraces before! I'm not requiring any extractions or anything, weird.

katia2298

#10 Post by katia2298 »

Sometimes I think the ortho overestimates to cover his butt. :)

Victoria

#11 Post by Victoria »

Hi!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with a long sentence... If so I would of thought my ortho was doing something wrong. But my teeth are a mess so....

I was told 30 months of treatment time. The lower ceramics will be put on at the middle/end of the treatment. Well I have now done about 1/10 of my sentence!! That does not sound to bad :D