Lingual Braces Cost

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mun

Lingual Braces Cost

#1 Post by mun »

Hi,

Is there anyone who has any idea how much Ibraces cost? I just got a quote from an orhodontist for a 24 months treatment, upper and lower which was $9500.

How much did you end up paying in what state?

i want to ask another othodontist but there are only 3 that i could find here, and one of them is too far away, the other one is available at the end of January, and this one seems very expensive. now, i don't want to wait for 2 months to go to another ortho and find out that it is the same price. Because i want to have ibraces as soon as possible, mostly because of my upcoming wedding.

thanks ini advance for all the responses.

BlahBlah

#2 Post by BlahBlah »

Where r u located? becos the amount i paid i would say to u to take that offer lol
Mine are MUCH more expensive than that :wink:

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Could be US$, blah blah. Also cost depends on complexity of case, so we're not always comparing apples with apples.

brady

#4 Post by brady »

Mun-

I am getting my upper linguals put on next Thursday (12/7) here in Seattle, WA. I'll be getting lower ceramics in January sometime. Total treatment time will be 24 months, and I need 2 extractions on upper in 6 months. I was quoted $11,500 for both upper and lower linguals, and $9500 for the option I chose. I am actually paying $9250 though, due to a special discount they were offering during October. (whatever) I will also need to pay for the extractions separately. So yes, lots of money, but I think it will be worth it. FYI, for ceramics on upper and lower, I was quoted approx. $7000.

I also am planning my wedding and didn't want to deal with braces on the outside! I don't know where you are located, but you should know that if you get iBraces, it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get them from Germany after you get your molds made.

Later,
Brady

mun

#5 Post by mun »

thank you for all your responses.

i thought i already mentioned my location, but i guess i didn't. sorry about that. i am in las vegas. and it is in US dollars.

brady, compared to what you are paying, i guess it is normal, huh? i was expecting something around $7000. wow, ok. thanks everyone again.

my wedding is in September 2007, so i am hoping 6 months of treatment will make some difference. maybe i am hoping for too much. i have been searching for so long though, it is so difficult to get an appointment and so.

p.maxwell

#6 Post by p.maxwell »

Wow! I'm in LA (the valley) and I am the 2nd patient in my ortho's office to get Linguals and I paid less than $7,500 for both upper and lower. $10K+ is what I hear people pay for veneers and lumineers. Never heard that for linguals.

Oh, I forgot to add that I've had mine in for almost 4 months.

brady

#7 Post by brady »

p.maxwell-

Wow, you got a serious deal on yours. I spoke with a girl who was the first to get them in the office I'm going to, and since she was the first, they charged her $7000. However, during treatment, the ortho's discovered that wire changes, etc. took more time than normal (labial) braces, so they upped the price. Consider yourself lucky!

-Brady

Laura412

Whao

#8 Post by Laura412 »

I didn't think they were going to be that expensive. Holy Cow.

Anyways, I was thinking about only getting linguals on my upper teeth and ceramic on my lower teeth if I would like to keep the movement of my tongue!

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Spot on, meryaten. I'm quite happy with that choice and it saved me another A$4,000.

BlahBlah

#10 Post by BlahBlah »

I chose Linguals top and bottom.... 17k is the price i am paying.. aussie dollars... I'll be a poor complain for a few years.... :lol:

BlahBlah

#11 Post by BlahBlah »

lol doesn't this forum accept the word B_*tch? lol
Sorry folks....

antsika

#12 Post by antsika »

I don't know if it is for much interest because I am in Central Europe but my upper and lower linguals will cost me a total of 7000 USD (5600 Euros), and I am also the first in my ortho's practice so this is a discount price.
My estimated treatment time is 2 years and even if it will be 4 (I hope not!!) the cost won't change.

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

lionfish

#13 Post by lionfish »

That is a very good deal you've got there, antsika.

Victoria

#14 Post by Victoria »

I am paying about 7000$ for upper linguals and lower ceramics. I chose to have lower ceramics instead of linguals because of my rather small jaw and the difference in price. It would of been another 2500$ if I had gone for lower linguals aswell.
I am really pleased with the upper linguals - but it was difficult at first, espesially talking properly, and eating.
But they are great now :D

watewate

#15 Post by watewate »

hmmm... is 14-15K Canadian too high a quote for both upper/lower linguals? It's about a two year process.... it seems like everyone's quotes are much better?