Warning!! Small Lingual Brackets

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LondonLingual

Warning!! Small Lingual Brackets

#1 Post by LondonLingual »

I have the new very small lingual brackets after hasseling my ortho for them at the begining... As the treatment has progressed the Ortho has found that these smaller brackets are far less easier to work with (eg power chains slip off, they break more, the ligs pop off) than the bigger ones. I think if I could go back I would have stuck to the brackets my ortho normally uses... just a little note for all you prosepctive lingual patients searching out the smallest brackets. :wink:

London lad... Linguals (http://www.ormco.com/products/promotions/PDF/stb.pdf) on top and ceramics (http://www.gacmystique.com/) on bottom! UPDATE: now have ceramics on top too after gave up on linguals 18 months in!!!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

That's not good at all, LL.

I confess to having had more "issues" with the linguals than the ceramics. These have run to broken brackets (2), wire tie (I managed to sneeze that one out of my mouth!) and more recently, I broke a hook attached to a canine. All the emergency appointments I've made have had to do with the linguals. I've not needed powerchains yet, so can't comment there. However, I'm still happy with my choice as they are so comfortable.

Hope your run of bad luck is over.

Daveyboy

#3 Post by Daveyboy »

Hi Guys,

I've had my STb uppers in for just over 3 weeks now and have had a few minor problems. I had 2 emergency appointments last week as I bit the back brackets on each side off in my sleep. I think the second time this happened was because these weren't glued back on very well the first time, so not my fault really. They've been fine for the last week, and I haven't really had any problems.

I'm not expecting any powerchains as I'm got no gaps at all, however so far i've been pretty pleased with my upper linguals.

I'm fairly certain i'm gonna go for lower ceramics rather than full linguals though. I just can't imagine it being comfortable for my tongue to be resting on these brackets if I had a mouth full of the them.

I wish it was easy to have a "try it out first" policy!!

Dave

antsika

#4 Post by antsika »

Hi LondonLingual! I am very interested to see the smallest lingual brackets, would it be possible to post a picture of them?
Just for interest, I don't have the opportunity to change the ones I have :)
I hope things will get better for you, as you leave behind these early days issues.

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

Daveyboy

#5 Post by Daveyboy »

Hi Antsika,

There are some pics of mine in this thread viewtopic.php?t=14377

These are the STb linguals which I think are the same as Londonlinguals.

Hope this helps!
Dave

antsika

#6 Post by antsika »

Thanks Dave, I have already seen yours, just didn't know it is the same :D
They really look very small! It is good you dont have issues with them!
Antsika

BlahBlah

#7 Post by BlahBlah »

Hey guys.. has anyone got a gap in their front teeth from the braces? I got a small gap but it's giving me alot of issuesssss!!!!!... Everyone says they cant notice it and i am just overreacting.. but i can see it it's there!!!!!!!! Is anyone else in my position here??? Any tips on how to hide it.. eg.. place wax behind my teeth.. loool

jake

#8 Post by jake »

I have them too. You can get temporary bonding between the teeth performed by your dentist to hide the gap if its a big issue.

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Yep, had a small gap develop between my two front teeth not that long ago. I could see the glint of the wire behind them too. I quite liked it, so didn't bother to hide it.

With a new elastic configuration I started wearing a few weeks ago, the gap has now gone.

antsika

#10 Post by antsika »

I just start to have place between my front teeth which were crowded previously so I am quite happy with it :)
I have fake teeth to cover the space of previous extractions on both upper side so if the hole is too big I think your ortho can stick something there if you ask her/him.

BlahBlah

#11 Post by BlahBlah »

Hi people,

well yes i have a gap now.. big enuf to notice. Ive been placing small pieces of wax behind my teeth and its pretty good it looks normal lol did u know u can actually eat with wax behind ur teeth lol

I never needed to use wax at the beginning wen i first got me braces, my tobgue wasn't really sore. But now i have a new reason to use it. My dentist told me to expect a gap and wen i went in to see my ortho he told me the same.

Well i have an appointment on Monday, im gona bug him about my gap.

So this gap will eventially disappear???

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

My gap came.......and then it went.

BlahBlah

#13 Post by BlahBlah »

how long approx. did u have a gap? :P

lionfish

#14 Post by lionfish »

I had it for a couple of months. It was about 1mm wide, even my husband noticed it. I could see the wire too.

BlahBlah

#15 Post by BlahBlah »

Yeh sounds like what i have. But no one has noticed it because i have wax in all the time :thumbsup: