Halloween

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Debi

Halloween

#1 Post by Debi »

How did Halloween go for those of you with kids in braces? My son was suppose to have his braces put on two days before Halloween, but he decided to postpone it. Do your kids get to eat most of the candy they receive or do they just avoid it all?

Just curious :wink:

JosieGirl71

#2 Post by JosieGirl71 »

My son ate everything except chewy things (licorice, gum, tootsie rolls, etc.) Did you get your Invisaligns yet? I get my braces on Thursday. I have been trying to eat all the naughty things (and things I won't be able to eat for a long time) such as popcorn, gum, steak, tortilla chips, popcorn, popcorn, etc. hehe
***Shannen***

jacehubert

Eating Bad?

#3 Post by jacehubert »

Hey Josie Girl,

I have been eating gum and popcorn everyday until today. I loved being able to eat everything. I convinced my mom to buy it all since I can't have it for 3 years. I am already missing my gum and Doritos. Eat anything you want now, it is a pain with braces! Good luck!!

*Braced on St. Patricks Day 2005*

momof2grlz

#4 Post by momof2grlz »

My (and my daughter's) ortho buys back the kids' Halloween candy if they bring it to his office. He trades it for movie tickets, skating passes, etc. My daughter's not in braces yet, but she thinks that will be a pretty good deal since she doesn't eat much candy anyway.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

drrick

#5 Post by drrick »

He probably just wants the candy for himself :wink:
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

momof2grlz

#6 Post by momof2grlz »

Dr. Rick, I'm thinking he recycles it by putting it in his patients' debonding goodie bags! :BigGrin: EWWWW. (Just kidding . . . I hope)

Chris

black z

family braced up together

#7 Post by black z »

my wife needs braces and so does my 12 year old son so i thought we could all get braces together even my 4 year old son and maby our whole family 2 my mom & dad and my sister and brother two even the baby thats 3years old should we do it

momof2grlz

#8 Post by momof2grlz »

:crazy:

Braceface16

Re: Eating Bad?

#9 Post by Braceface16 »

[quote="jacehubert"]Hey Josie Girl,

I have been eating gum and popcorn everyday until today. I loved being able to eat everything. I convinced my mom to buy it all since I can't have it for 3 years. I am already missing my gum and Doritos. Eat anything you want now, it is a pain with braces! Good luck!!

*Braced on St. Patricks Day 2005*[/quote]

Yeah, I did the exact same thing before I got my braces. I sometimes are bad and eat things that I am not supposed to. But yeah eat all you can BEFORE you get your braces put on.
I got my braces on St. Pattys day to except I got mine in 2004 (one year ahead of you)
~~**CaRoLiNe~~**