braces and expander in 2 months

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

badbite

#16 Post by badbite »

Its cruel to NOT treat your children while they are still young. If I was treated when I was young, I would not have to go through a lifetime of BAD TEETH, and a SARPE and upper jaw advancement. Because I didn't have an expander when I was young, I will have to have my jaw broken and plated back together.

I will defienately have my children treated young so they do not have go go through having their jaw broken several times. Because I love my children, they will all have an expander while they are young, if needed. And I trust my ortho so I will follow what he says to do.

As for a removable expander. I do not think kids will where it. They will probably loose it. I would never have worn it when I was young. Children do not know what is going to be best for them at such a young age. I would be scared everyday that my DD would throw it away at lunch or whatever.

I know at least a dozen people whose children had fixed expanders and NONE of their children have problems now, its just the opposite.

I am not syaying that removables are wrong --But I think for you to say someone is cruel for doing what they can to help their child IS WRONG.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

Starskies

Re: braces and expander in 2 months

#17 Post by Starskies »

I got braces for the top of my teeth and expanders too,it hurt for a week and then it stopped hurting and then a few days ago it started hurting again but only for the teeth that have the expander looped on there is it natural??I have an appointment tomorrow so I will ask but I want to hear your opinions..