Cost of Expanders?

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

KJM

Cost of Expanders?

#1 Post by KJM »

My son needs to get expanders but I dont get the price until we do the molds etc ( in January) I am trying to set up my flex spend account to cover this but since I didnt have an exapnder and my older son didnt either I have no idea what the cost is. :?
Right now I know the records appointment is $200 but I am at a total loss for the rest so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!~
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

Thanks Meryaten, actually I did just that after posting this. :D I was quoted $2550 for the entire treatment. Since this office isnt the office I currently am going to I am going to go to my Ortho for a 2nd consult next week.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

When my daughter had an expander, (a few months ago), I believe the total (for everything) was either $650 or $850 (I don't remember exactly). She wore the expander 4 months, and it fixed her crossbite.

You could ask the ortho to give you a ballpark figure. Explain that it's for your flex spending, I'm sure he'll understand.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

kkalex

#4 Post by kkalex »

Well, mine was around $400, and the total cost of everything was $4,550
(uppers and lowers and expander)

momof2grlz

#5 Post by momof2grlz »

My daughter's upper expander was $950.00 including all follow-up visits until she's ready for braces.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

samantha_lou

#6 Post by samantha_lou »

The cost of my palatal expander is going to be $1350, plus records of around $200...I'm paying the whole thing this time around (with a 15% discount)...and it will then be credited to my co-pay of $1200 for my braces at the time of my treatment.

I'm not sure of the usual and customary charges for expanders though, might be worth looking into...