New here

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Natelismom22

New here

#1 Post by Natelismom22 »

My son may need braces for the second time. Just here looking for experiences with 2nd round of braces.

Dunnyet

Re: New here

#2 Post by Dunnyet »

Hi welcome to the club! I’m getting my second round of braces Wednesday, metal upper and lower, as well as a bite plate. From what I’ve read, it’s not uncommon to repeat having to wear braces, sometimes more than twice! In my case, it’s a combination of not wearing retainers as required, and jaw misalignment due to aging. It’s been 29 years since I got my first set of braces, I had them on for 30 months. Now I’m told I’ll be in braces for at least 24 months, but probably longer! If your son meeds braces again, it’s not uncommon! I’ll post my experience later this week, I’m wondering what co- workers reactions will be when I show up at work Thursday with a metal mouth! Best wishes to you and your son!