Daughter having problem with herbst

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

anon

Daughter having problem with herbst

#1 Post by anon »

Hi,
I am new to this forum. My daughter is wearing herbst with braces. She started with braces and after 6 months they put herbst to adjust over bite.

It's been 7 months from wearing herbst. She got used to it . The only problem is they put two small metal rings both side over the rods. When she opens her mouth widely while coughing or yawning in sleeping, the rod opens and her rings comes off . She can put everything back., but what if the rings go in her throat, it is life threatening problem. They are not attached to anything. When i ask the ortho she tells they are screwed they won't come off. She won't understand what i tell. When i speak about rings she asks "What rings?".

I don't know what to do. May be they are supposed to be glued or what?

When i searched on the net and forums, nobody talked about rings.

Please somebody help me?

Anon :(

sauerkraut

#2 Post by sauerkraut »

Sorry, can't really help at all, but my suggestion would be to go back to the ortho and demonstrate the problem, so she can see for herself what you mean. Hope you get it resolved OK.