clear upper braces

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

smilepretty112

clear upper braces

#1 Post by smilepretty112 »

So, my daughter got braces.
And she has the clear uppers, and cute metal ones on the lowers, with pink elastics on the bottom. She starts school on September 4th, so I was wondering if there's anything we can do to whiten up her clear uppers + her teeth up top? She starts grade nine this fall and she's already self consious! (She got braced August 9th, 2007)

And we don't have any time to go to the orthodontist before school, HELP! :?

smilepretty112

#2 Post by smilepretty112 »

anyone out there?

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

There is people out there with lifes... its not like we are all on here 24/7...

Now after saying that I want to state I do appoligize if that message above was rude! As far as help with that I'm not sure but there is probley someone out there that can help!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

idolfan4

#4 Post by idolfan4 »

I don't think it's a good idea for your daughter to whiten her teeth when she has braces. What she should do is keep her teeth clean by brushing and flossing everyday. Brushing is recommended after meals, because of all the yucky stuff that gets caught underneath the braces. Tell your daughter I said "Congrats on starting your treatment!" Orthodontic treatment is hard. Especially in high school. I know exactly what your daughter is going through. I had my braces my entire junior year and most of my senior year. Got them taken off in April of this year.