Changes!

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

pruettmj

Changes!

#1 Post by pruettmj »

Well, my girls are in for a few changes in their orthodontic journey. Last week, my 8 y/o's lower expander finished turning, then came apart! :shock: We went in for a visit the next day and they took out both expanders. On Tuesday, she had impressions made and she goes back next Wed. for her space maintainers. I think she's supposed to have a quad and an MTA. Anyone had experience with these? :?: They are not to expand, just hold position.

Anyway, my 11 y/o goes in on 5/2 to get brackets put on her front teeth. She will continue to wear the herbst (much to her chagrin) :roll: for some time along with braces.

Any comments or observations are welcome!

-Janice
:-1

pruettmj

#2 Post by pruettmj »

Hi Everyone!

The girls have had their hardware for a while now and everything seems to be going smoothly. I just have to check them occasionally to make sure they're keeping their teeth clean enough! My little one got her space maintainers which are basically just bands on the back molars with some wires which stay against the inside of her teeth to hold their positions (much like a retainer, only behind the teeth).

My 11-y-o got brackets on her upper teeth. Her teeth hurt for 2-3 days, but she got used to them pretty quickly. She goes in the end of June for an adjustment. That's the latest on us!

-Janice :-1

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

A mother and two daugthers in braces! Well, I bet it makes it easier to go out to dinner together -- all of you ordering soft foods! :wink:

Thanks for the update!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

pruettmj

#4 Post by pruettmj »

Actually, I've never had any orthodontic work. I'd like to, although my top teeth are fairly straight. I do have some crowding and a couple of baby teeth with no replacements. But for now, we can barely afford the girls.

Thanks for your encouragement to everyone on the board!