Baking soda rinse?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Silverwolftec2006

Baking Soda

#16 Postby Silverwolftec2006 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Well I don't rinse my teeth with baking soda, but I do use it with my Colgate Total to get a squeaky clean feeling. I have a problem with producing to much plaque on my lower molars and front teeth.

I find that using the baking soda not only helps with the plaque but also helps heal and prevent some of my canker sores as well. I tend to bite the insides of my cheeks, and boy those canker sores are one nasty bit of hornery.. :twisted:

I don't know if it will help anyone else but for me it is a big help for reducing plaque built up on your teeth. :D
Dare to Dream. Work hard to Succeed. Remember to smile!!
It makes people wonder what you are up to!

[/url]

Silverwolftec2006

Baking Soda Rinse

#17 Postby Silverwolftec2006 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:40 am

I use the baking soda with my Colgate Total together as a mix. (Dab a little on the tooth brush with the paste.) I would have to say that is more my morning routine, I can not stand to have the fuzzy furry feeling of gym socks on my teeth.. Yuck..

Then of course, I generally give a good swish of Listerine or Peroxyl mint afterward. When I want to really want to power blast my tongue and my other problem areas I will just use the baking soda alone.

I guess that would be chalked up to personal preference, but I have gotten used to it over the course of time. I have used baking soda and warm water to rinse when I have had a sore tooth or a really bad canker sore.

If I have to use a salt water rinse.

I use 1 tsp. sea salt with 2 tsp. hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 c. warm water. Something that my grandmother used to give me when I had sore throat/canker sore/ or bothersome tooth. It's old school but it does the trick.
Dare to Dream. Work hard to Succeed. Remember to smile!!

It makes people wonder what you are up to!

[/url]

Return to “Dental Do-dads (Dental Products Q's and Comments)”