It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baking Soda
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:24 pm 

Well I don't rinse my teeth with baking soda, but I do use it with my Colgate Total to get a squeaky clean feeling. I have a problem with producing to much plaque on my lower molars and front teeth.

I find that using the baking soda not only helps with the plaque but also helps heal and prevent some of my canker sores as well. I tend to bite the insides of my cheeks, and boy those canker sores are one nasty bit of hornery.. :twisted:

I don't know if it will help anyone else but for me it is a big help for reducing plaque built up on your teeth. :D

[/url]

Post subject: Baking Soda Rinse
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:40 am 

I use the baking soda with my Colgate Total together as a mix. (Dab a little on the tooth brush with the paste.) I would have to say that is more my morning routine, I can not stand to have the fuzzy furry feeling of gym socks on my teeth.. Yuck..

Then of course, I generally give a good swish of Listerine or Peroxyl mint afterward. When I want to really want to power blast my tongue and my other problem areas I will just use the baking soda alone.

I guess that would be chalked up to personal preference, but I have gotten used to it over the course of time. I have used baking soda and warm water to rinse when I have had a sore tooth or a really bad canker sore.

If I have to use a salt water rinse.

I use 1 tsp. sea salt with 2 tsp. hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 c. warm water. Something that my grandmother used to give me when I had sore throat/canker sore/ or bothersome tooth. It's old school but it does the trick.

[/url]