Metal Mouth Message Board

A message board for adults and older teens in dental braces or retainers, or who may undergo jaw surgery.

are lower incisors supposed to be higher?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: You must make a post within 12 HOURS of registering, or your account will be deleted. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board IMMEDIATELY. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering. We just ask that if you do register, please plan to post a message within 12 hours so that we know that your registration is not a "junk" or "spam" registration.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

are lower incisors supposed to be higher?

Postby Lola » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:56 am

As my thread title says, my lower incisors are much higher than the canines and molars so the line of my teeth isnt even on my lower arch. I have no pic sorry, so I hope you know what i mean...

Location: Markham, Oshawa, Toronto, Stouffville, Richmond Hill, Uxbridge, Unionville

Postby DrJasonKTam » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:33 pm

In general, the lower incisors should be about 0.5mm shorter than the premolars and canines. Usually, the lower incisors are higher when there is a large overjet, since there is no vertical stop to prevent them from overerupting.
Dr. Jason K. Tam
Certified Markham, Oshawa, and Stouffville Orthodontist
Top 1% Super Elite Invisalign Provider
2012 Invisalign Case Shootout Finalist

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at See before and after images, Invisalign procedures, and compare Invisalign vs braces.

Postby panama » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 am

I have this same problem, my lower incisors sit up in an arch shape above all my other teeth. I have been meaning to ask my orthodontist about this, will my braces push these teeth back into the gums or will i have to have them shaved off?

Postby theKurp » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 am

You mean like this?

Week One: Image

Week 24 (6 months later): Image

Postby panama » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:11 am

wow! well that certainly answered my question. Mine are around the same as yours were.

Postby Lola » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:14 am

Hi all, Kinda like your pics- only difference is that they werent like thisin the first place, but my braces have pulled them up! I was wondering if it is because they are crooked they didnt wear down and now or too long? They are huge teeth in comparison to the premolars!

Return to “Metal Mouth Forum”