My Case (w/ pics)..Update!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tortor

My Case (w/ pics)..Update!!

#1 Post by tortor »

Hello everyone!

I'm still pretty much a newbie here so I thought I would introduce myself and show you a few pics. :)

First off, my name is Tori and I'm 19 years old. This process could have started a couple of years ago for me, but because I was stupid and decided I didnt want to have braces for my brothers wedding, summer trips to croatia, senior pictures, prom, or the beginning of college (the list could go on...lol), I'm doing this whole thing now.

I've been in braces close to 4 months already and I have no idea when I'll be ready for surgery. I'm still awaiting an answer from my insurance company, and my OS, although he is wonderful, is seemingly always on vacation! So needless to say, my lack of answers as to if the surgery is going to be covered and what procedures I am having done has been a little more than frusterating.

anyway, here is a picture of my bite and my profile. I apologize for the crappy quality! I took them with my cell phone. I have an underbite as well as an underdeveloped upper jaw.

I would appreciate if anyone felt like sharing their opinion as to whether I should be expecting a double jaw procedure, or if i could get away with just doing top jaw. I'm hoping for just a upper jaw surgery (so i dont have to be wired shut!) and contemplating a rhinoplasty as well.

hope everyone has a great day (or night!)
-Tori
Last edited by tortor on Fri May 16, 2008 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

phil

#2 Post by phil »

tortor,

Only a competent team can tell you whether or not you need double as opposed to single surgery. There also is a possibility of mandibular setback alone, often coupled with a genioplasty to balance the face.

Either way, it looks like you could have a great result with teeth like that! Good luck!
There are no ordinary moments.
Check out my blog! http://pcadams.wordpress.com/

Luella

#3 Post by Luella »

Tortor, welcome to AW! I agree that it should be up to your OS whether or not you do a double jaw procedure! I don't think you need a rhinoplasty! Keep us posted!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

Luella

#4 Post by Luella »

Tortor, welcome to AW! I agree that it should be up to your OS whether or not you do a double jaw procedure! I don't think you need a rhinoplasty! Keep us posted!
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

Emaciated

#5 Post by Emaciated »

Hi Tortor. You're beautiful, you're don't need a rhinoplasty. From your profile photo, I imagine they'll suggest an upper & lower, but as already said, who knows. In my opinion, that would balance your face out well.

tortor

#6 Post by tortor »

phil wrote:tortor,

Only a competent team can tell you whether or not you need double as opposed to single surgery.
Oh, I definitly agree, it'll obviously be left up to my OS, but imagining what i'll look like after whatever procedure is decided is half of the fun :)

good news from this morning!

I saw my ortho today, and although I dont have any dates, he is 100% sure I'll be ready to have my surgery in the summer!

In my next couple visits, he said he'll be putting in heavy archwires to keep my teeth in place. very exciting!

tortor

#7 Post by tortor »

I just want to inform everyone...because im so excited!!!!!!!!!!! that......

MY INSURANCE COMPANY JUST APPROVED MY CLAIM!!!!

FINALLLY! after 4 months and a million back and forth phone calls.

I couldnt help but a get a little teary eyed because this surgery that I have wanted and waited for for so long is finally becoming more of a reality!

My ortho and oral surgeon say im ready for my surgery this summer! I have an ortho appointment the 29th so i'm hoping i can get some more info and maybe a rough date for a surgery consultation and the procedure

badbite

#8 Post by badbite »

That is really great news!

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008