Treelessbark's bark brackets Update 7/26/08 pics.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

treelessbark

Treelessbark's bark brackets Update 7/26/08 pics.

#1 Post by treelessbark »

Hey, I'm Bre. 21 and live in Cali. I ALWAYS wanted braces as a kid, but just never got around to getting them. Finallly i will be able to get the straight smile i want! I'm pretty excited.

4/13/2008
I had a consultation a few days ago.

I have some crowding on my bottom teeth.
My top teeth have some gaps, my two from ones are uneven, and i have a 7.5MM overbite. :( Plus my midline is off, so im sure we'll be working on that too.

I have a baby molar I think on the top right side I'll need to get extracted. Yay? Two senerios for this.

A. If there is a permanet tooth there, that is able to be save, i will have a chain hooked up to it and it will be pulled down.

B. If there is no tooth, or the tooth isn't saveable, then i will get THAT tooth extracted and one on the other side of my mouth...yay?

$4900 for the braces [that's before any extractions however]
and a decently short sentence [as i see it] of 18 months to 2 years.
My next appointment is May 7th - Records
Dentist May 14th for XRAYS and exams
and ortho June 5th..for...not sure? Wonder if that's my brace day. That would be wonderful! haha.

I'm planning to get ceramics on top and metal on bottom.

Here's some pictures of my tooth. Bare and buck. haha. My camera is outta batteries, some of these are iphone pics...bare with me. I'm sure i'll get better ones up eventually. :D [yes, i have very yellow teeth. all of my family does actually :(]

GRR. hehe. uneven teeth, overbite.

Top....how do y'all get these pics to come out well? haha.

Bottom

5/13/2008
Hey. Been about a month or so, Haha. Had my orthro records appointment, so i got my impressions and xrays.

Funny, i expected the thing to take forever, but i got in and out in about 30 minutes. It took longer to SET UP the xray than actually take it.

When i got my bottom impression taken, it hurtttt. :( I guess i have a narrow mouth and they didnt have smaller trays so i had some plastic tray jamming into my jawline. Ehh. Not fun! I can't wait to get my bracessss already, haha.

I get the pictures im guessing next appoinment [june 5th]. Tomorrow i'm going to my Dentist to get my full mouth xrays and my exam. Yay? Get to find out the info on any cavities or whatnot. And what's going on with my baby tooth.

Well that's all, just a lil update. :D
Last edited by treelessbark on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ShineUpMyBoots

#2 Post by ShineUpMyBoots »

Hey, treelessbark! :D That's awesome that you're finally able to go out an get your braces. Congratulations! We share the same short sentence [mine's a little shorter: 16 to 18 months] and the same sort of off-midline. That's pretty cool.

I have no idea how everyone else manages to get such good pictures of their teeth, I'm failing miserably as well! Oh well, it's probably just one of those things that gets better with time. Before our braces come off, we'll be pro! :wink:

Looking forward to checking out your story as it progresses!

Sentence: 16 to 18 months

Bekah

#3 Post by Bekah »

Isn't amazing what an orthodontist can do in 18 months? I was thrilled to get that sentence.
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

treelessbark

Hey :D

#4 Post by treelessbark »

WELL. Last Monday i got all 4 of my wisdom teeth take out and 2 bicopsittdjksfjkd? haha.

Whatever those teeth are. One was a baby tooth with no permanent tooth under it. the hole is tiny. And the other was a permenant, but we gotta be even.

I HAVE BRACE DAY!!!!!

July 24th!!!!

TRUST ME i am soooooo excited! I'll have ceramic on bottom and Metal on bottom. Sooo

Any suggestions for the color ligs on the bottom. To help I am VERYY pale. I go to Cosmetology school. And i have fire engine brightt red hair....with some black hair braided in peekaboos. Maybe i should try to match my hair? hehe.

treelessbark

#5 Post by treelessbark »

Today is the day i get my braces. My appointment is in about 20 minutes, and I'm starting to get nervous. Eep.

browneyedgrl

#6 Post by browneyedgrl »

Good luck today!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

shan*rock

#7 Post by shan*rock »

Hey! We are brace day buddies so I just wanted to pop in and wish you luck. I just got mine on at 10am this morning. I'm still trying to get over the shock of seeing myself with braces. No pain or anything yet, but I'm sure it's on its way. Good luck! Your teeth are way straighter than mine, so I'm sure you will look great with the braces.

Memran

#8 Post by Memran »

So how did it go?

Congratulations on getting started :)

Rob
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

treelessbark

#9 Post by treelessbark »

SO i got my braces yesterday at about 9am. EEp. They ended up puting clear top and bottom up front and metal all in the back.

So the pressure of the wire being put on was sooo wierd. When i got to school [cosmetology] i ate some cheez its while my mouth wasnt hurting and get em stuck all in the back. Haha THEN later on, my mouth was killing me. Somehow i managed to eat Chili's, with the assistance of an alcoholic beverage. Hehe. I wokeup and my mouth is pretty sore, exspecially if i accidently hit my teeth together.. OUCH!

GREAT NEWS. SO the gap on top in the middle with the uneven teeth. By yesterday evening, it was closed, NO JOKE and they are already becoming more even. I was soooo shocked and excited, i can't beleive it. Well i got to get ready for school. I'll have pictures prbly later today!

treelessbark

#10 Post by treelessbark »

ImageImage

I can't believe the difference already. That was later that night after i got the braces! My front teeth are becoming more even :D I'm pretty excited.

It's been 3 days since brace day and my mouth is still sore. The pressure sucks mostly. Can't eat yet. i kinda like "gum" a burrito today. haha. Yesterday it took me about 30 minutes or so to eat 5 SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM. Oh well, i'm sure soon it'll start to feel better.

Over all, a drool more, i spit more, and i sooo slur and mumble, usually when i try to talk fast with the occasional lisp. Haha.

ckrobyn

#11 Post by ckrobyn »

The movement in your 2 front teeth is AMAZING!!!!!

landela

#12 Post by landela »

Your teeth are already looking great!

And to completely change topic -
I really love your hair! I would love to do some darker "peek-a-boo" strips like you have, and maybe get some extensions.
Laynie

Braced - April 24, 2008
Last adjustment - December 16, 2008
Trangle elastics - August 26 - Current (only at night from 11/11/2008 - Current)
Treatment end date - January 28, 2009

Click link to read my braces story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 532#258532 - Updated 11/11/2008 with pictures

*melissa*

#13 Post by *melissa* »

Hi Treelessbark!! That movement of your front teeth is wonderful...aren't braces amazing?!! :D

oski1970

#14 Post by oski1970 »

Wow, I can't believe you that much movement already. BTW I like the clear brackets.

shan*rock

#15 Post by shan*rock »

Thanks for stopping by my thread. I can't believe the awesome movement you are getting already. And I'm so jealous that you got the ceramic top and bottom. They look fantastic. My teeth honestly don't hurt that bad at all. I wish they would because that would mean more movement I would think. The teeth with the molar bands hurt, my top front are definitely sensitive, can't use them to bite or anything, but the bottom central teeth aren't attached to the wire yet so they don't hurt at all. I'll be sure to stay on top of your progress.