Fluffy's Story: IPR BETWEEN FRONT TEETH! (Pix pg8)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fluffybottom

#76 Post by fluffybottom »

iBorg
HRM. I think you might be right about the OTC pain relievers; my teeth are starting to feel a bit sore now. Which is such a pity as I just bought a bunch of really yummy food. Poor me!

Anyhoo, here are the pictures (I came home for lunch so .. taadaa!)

The wire doesn't look all that much thicker in the straight-on shot but I can see the difference in the picture of my arch.

GO WIRE GO!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

fluffybottom

#77 Post by fluffybottom »

Oh. Good. Lord.

I dunno if it's the button or that there is pressure on my exposed tooth but whatever the cause, THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH ITCHES LIKE CRAZY!!!

So.

Want.

To.

Scritch.

It.

BracedVeryLate

#78 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Fluffy, wow, some big equipment additions!!
I am glad your hidden canine is being rescued from its hiding spot. I hope it moves down quickly for you. Gosh, hope that itching goes away, that would drive me nuts!!!
take care!

fluffybottom

#79 Post by fluffybottom »

BracedVeryLate
So far? It's still itching. I actually scratched at it today but, alas, it did not provide much relief. BUT IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT WHEN THE TOOTH COMES DOWN RAWR!

Oy. My teeth are sore today! Probably the same level of soreness as when I was braced except instead of only feeling it in my front four teeth, my whole arch is aching this time. But pain is gain so I'm glad it hurts!

ollielloyd

#80 Post by ollielloyd »

you're so lucky its itching! mine just feels like...nothing. it doesnt move anymore :( so close to giving up! good luck with yours its lookign great

jenny101101

#81 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Fluffy,

Wow, you did have a kitchen sink appt.!! How's the teeth? I must commend you on your journey so far. I don't know how I'd handle having exposure surgery but you've been a trooper!! Great pics...I can see subtle changes:)

Oh, and congrats on getting back with your ex! I had to laugh at your post about kids, cover your eyes! LOL

Chat soon...
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

fluffybottom

#82 Post by fluffybottom »

ollielloyd
Don't call me lucky yet! Both the oral surgeon and the orthodontist have been pretty up front with their opinion that this probably won't work. My tooth has to straight out, move over and come down and they say that at my age, the likelihood of this happening is very slim. But hope springs eternal and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that my tooth with surprise them all. I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with your tooth -- if they can't bring it down, are you going to get an implant?

bracedagain
Actually, there has been improvement! Not with the canine or the itching though. But the thicker wire is already hard at work and the tooth just to the right of my front two has moved a bit more into place. It is amazing the changes that can be visible from day to day.

Jenny101101
Teeth are doing well! They are still a bit sore but seem to be recovering more quickly than they did when I first got braced (I don't know if that is good or bad -- hopefully it doesn't mean that they are moving less)

insinu8

#83 Post by insinu8 »

Fluffy,

That canine is going on a road trip! I read that it takes 2 weeks for bone to break down and twice that to build up again. My guess it the itching you're feeling is that process going on, so I hope it stays itchy until that canine pulls into the garage at home ;)

It's really great to have these pictures so you can see your progress.

Yeah, your bottom arch is on hold until the top gets out of the way. You wouldn't want to be biting off your lower brackets, wouldja? I have to wait for the same thing, so I know it's kind of irritating. They keep telling me the same story..."We'll see next time". BAH!
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

catfish

#84 Post by catfish »

Wow Fluffy, you have an amazing story! A fascinating cliff-hanger - will the exposed canine comply or not? Stay tuned to find out!

I hope it moves into its intended spot, and everything goes well for you.
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

fluffybottom

#85 Post by fluffybottom »

bracedagain
I hope so too! But it doesn't look like the canine has moved at all so far. Granted, it's only been 2 weeks since the button and power chain were attached. I'm hoping that it is moving the root to where it should be and then will come down but it doesn't work that way, huh?

insinu8
Alas, my impacted canine is no longer itching! I hope that doesn't mean it isn't moving. I look forward to getting my lower teeth braced; it will be nice to address the crowding there!

catfish
Dun-dun-DUUUUN! Tune in next week for the thrilling conclusion of...

THE GIRL WITH THE ROOF TOOF!

Or, well, tune in 15 months from now...

Hee!

Well, here are my week 12 pictures. I don't have the dramatic changes other folks seem to have in their first 3 months but there are changes. Slowly but surely, things are getting into place.

One .. little ... fraction ... of ... a ... millimeter ... at .. a ... time...

Patience, Nina. Patience!

iBorg

#86 Post by iBorg »

Fluffster:
I see progress! Look at how even your teeth are in their length. Note the more nicely shaped arch. Even wayward tooth is starting to poke its head out. I believe you need to accept your case will move as slowly as that one tooth. When it decides to move into the neighbourhood you'll be surprised by how quickly it all comes together.

Keep faith, I believe good things are coming your way.

Mike[/i]
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Miss Smiley

#87 Post by Miss Smiley »

Nina, I see that your upper laterals are moving about and more in tune with the rest of your teeth. They seem to be moving to me!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

jenny101101

#88 Post by jenny101101 »

Nice movement, Nina!! :jump: Glad to hear things are going well. I think the lack of itchiness means your surgery site is healed so now...bring on the movement!! :D
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

fluffybottom

#89 Post by fluffybottom »

iBorg
I just hope the impacted canine moves into place. I desperately want it to come down and I am worried that it seems to have not budged at all. However, the rest of my teeth are starting to look good so at least there is that!

Miss Smiley
Slowly but surely! I am constantly running my tongue against the back of my front teeth, checking to see if they are all flush with each other yet. Hee!

jenny101101
i know, right? BRING ON THE MOVEMENT!

CHAPTER FOUR: SECOND ADJUSTMENT

This adjustment, only five weeks after my last one, wasn't as dramatic. They didn't change the wire -- just took it out so they could change out the powerchain on my impacted canine with a new one. My ortho also activated my coil a little bit because she wants to open up that space a teeny bit more. So there wasn't too much soreness after this adjustment, only a bit of sensitivity due to my teeth being pushed on to get the Damon doors open. My ortho seems frustrated with my impacted canine -- she and the assistant mentioned that I will have a stronger wire next time that will be better able to handle heavier tugging. I dunno if this means they will attach a metal chain or what but I certainly am looking forward to heavier tugging!

The good news coming out of this adjustment: she thinks my top arch will be sufficiently straight and I'll be ready for my bottom arch to be braced. HURRAH! I have a lot of crowding in front and it will be sooooo awesome to start getting those teeth in line as the crowding affects my gum health around those teeth (bleeding when I floss). So I go for my third adjustment on October 16 and then, two weeks later, I am either getting lower molds done or getting the lower braces put on (I am a bit confused as to whether they were going to do the molds at the adjustment and put the braces on on the 30th or if the 30th appointment is for the molds). So either by Halloween or my birthday (Nov 10th), I should be fully braced!

flesh-was-sweet

#90 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Here's to that naughty canine coming into line very very soon! :-88

Once it starts to move, you'll be shocked at how quickly things progress!

All the best for your treatment and I look forward to seeing your progress continue :)