Reversal of extractions - experiences & results!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bebamel2

Reversal of extractions - experiences & results!

#1 Post by Bebamel2 »

If anyone has experience with the reversal of extractions, I'd be happy to hear from you. I'm really disappointed with the results since the extraction of four premolars hasn't had one single positive effect on function or esthetics. I used to have a so called 'Million- Dollar', a bright Hollywood smile which, to be honest, was part of why i was very confident in my looks and appearance. But that's over now- my smile is nothing like it used to be, small, narrow, and my confidence is gone. I remember asking my ortho 'I love my bright, wide, big smile. It wont be affected by the extraction, will it ?' He said it wouldnt.I was only 16 i didnt know. ( apart from that, face is thin, looks sadder, longer, older, not as full as before, i look more tired, asymmetrical, no cheek support etc)

Therefore i want to reverse it and i am looking for people who can share any advice or experience.!! Share if you expanded, with or without implants, etc etc.

Kidolize

Re: Reversal of extractions - experiences & results!

#2 Post by Kidolize »

Bebamel2 wrote:If anyone has experience with the reversal of extractions, I'd be happy to hear from you. I'm really disappointed with the results since the extraction of four premolars hasn't had one single positive effect on function or esthetics. I used to have a so called 'Million- Dollar', a bright Hollywood smile which, to be honest, was part of why i was very confident in my looks and appearance. But that's over now- my smile is nothing like it used to be, small, narrow, and my confidence is gone. I remember asking my ortho 'I love my bright, wide, big smile. It wont be affected by the extraction, will it ?' He said it wouldnt.I was only 16 i didnt know. ( apart from that, face is thin, looks sadder, longer, older, not as full as before, i look more tired, asymmetrical, no cheek support etc)

Therefore i want to reverse it and i am looking for people who can share any advice or experience.!! Share if you expanded, with or without implants, etc etc.
Hi! I have same issue on my face as yours. Did your get worse over time?

pcspinheiro

Re: Reversal of extractions - experiences & results!

#3 Post by pcspinheiro »

Even though I can't say I'm a pretty guy this is one of the reasons I stopped my "treatment" midway, after discovering (too late) about the sad effects of extractions on profile and breathing issues. I actually functioned very well before embarking on orthodontics, and was happy with my smile. Now I don't function well (developed TMD), and I'm depressed about losing a healthy tooth for a lie (was told there was no way all my teeth could fit in my mouth, but the extraction gap is still there and guess what, they could!) and she ruined my smile by leveling and intruding my upper front teeth. I'm sad for you as I understand in the first person the regret of wasting perfectly healthy teeth, time and money to end up much, much worse than before... I'm giving my ortho 6 months to reverse some of the damage, get an implant (as I refused her treatment plan and no retraction was done) and then that's it for me. I hope you can sort things out to your best benefit.

I myself will be working hard on building a time machine so that I can tell my 2016 self to just sit and wait with a cold beer until the urge to fix my teeth goes away...