Arch widening progress happiness!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracingmyself901

Arch widening progress happiness!

#1 Post by Bracingmyself901 »

Took basically a year to get two blocked incisors that were not braced until 11 months after to get (mostly) in the arch! I really thought it would be mission impossible to widening my arch simply with braces (the first ortho I consulted said it would either be four extractions or jaw surgery, but decided to go with the ortho who wanted to try a non-extraction approach before yielding to extractions)

As you can see from the first photo my smile was super narrow and it was as if my front teeth were pushed in making it in possible for the incisors to join the line. By slimming some teeth and flaring the teeth so they have less of a "pushed in" look and it a more normal position made plenty of room for those rouge and wayward blocked teeth. My canine was also very high and not in the arch, but that came down pretty quickly in the beginnig

Can't wait till the finish results! :-*
fullsizeinput_f88.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steph30

Re: Arch widening progress happiness!

#2 Post by Steph30 »

Awesome!!!!!

Nozzelnut

#3 Post by Nozzelnut »

Congrats!! Coming along nicely!

I don't envy the bite turbos!
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

Ravenclaw

#4 Post by Ravenclaw »

Nice. Congrats!

Bracingmyself901

#5 Post by Bracingmyself901 »

Bite turbos suck! But thanks everyone!

Lovespain5

#6 Post by Lovespain5 »

Beautiful!
:?:-#):mrgreen:

adisa

#7 Post by adisa »

Aswesome! This gives me hope my arch will get widened too.