Braces at age 39 - Advice Please!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SoulfulRetreat

Re: Braces at age 39 - Advice Please!

#61 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply! :-)

atrixa wrote:Me too! Your upper arch looks much straighter already.

SoulfulRetreat

#62 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Thank you! I am so excited to see the changes. Rather small or large, they are changes that I have waited many years to see. :-)
tillybrace wrote:
SoulfulRetreat wrote:Before and after almost 8 weeks in braces. I am starting to see a small difference.... Yay!
i assume you mean massive difference :P

SoulfulRetreat

#63 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Thank you! It is exciting to see them finally move. :-)
bracinglp wrote:Wow! I can see a significant difference already! That's awesome!

SoulfulRetreat

#64 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

It has been a while since my last update. I went to the Orthodontist today to get my second adjustment. She said my teeth are moving and I will be ready by the next adjustment (July 11th) to finally get my bottom braces on. She said the bottoms they will go very slow with because I have some issues with my gums. I am okay with just having my tops for now. I have seen a bit of movement and have waited many years to see such. Today the technician who was placing my new wire said "Boy, your teeth are moving fast. Some people the teeth move slow and others fast. I can't wait to see what they look like when you come back for your next appointment". She gave me such encouragement and I was so excited when I left the office. I know this is only the beginning, but I can recall a time when I was a teenager that I hoped for this day. I am 39 years old now, so that day took quite a bit of time to get to. Can't wait to see what the next couple months hold!

VioletStubbs

#65 Post by VioletStubbs »

That's so exciting! I get my braces on in two weeks and I'm hoping my teeth move super quickly too. It'll be lovely to have a straight-ish smile at Christmas, even if there's a bunch of metal in the way!

Steph30

#66 Post by Steph30 »

Sooooo happy for you!!! I'm so glad you took the leap and started your journey :)

gobraces

#67 Post by gobraces »

What a difference the eight weeks made! Really happy for you. I started my braces about a year before you did, and it seems the year just zoomed by. I probably have up to another year to go. This is really one of the best things I have done for myself as an adult. Keep it up!

SoulfulRetreat

#68 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Thanks! Have you gotten your braces yet? That is exactly how I felt. I am visiting my family and friends in Ohio next week (some I haven't seen in quite some time) and I wanted to at least have a better smile by then. My teeth at the beginning stages, but at least there is a difference and people can see I am working on my teeth....lol Good luck to you! Let me know how it goes!
VioletStubbs wrote:That's so exciting! I get my braces on in two weeks and I'm hoping my teeth move super quickly too. It'll be lovely to have a straight-ish smile at Christmas, even if there's a bunch of metal in the way!

SoulfulRetreat

#69 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Thank you! I am so happy we both took the leap! The pain and discomfort at times is overwhelming, especially in the beginning. I know I have more to come with my bottoms being applied on July 11th, but when you start to see a change in your teeth, it is all worth it! :-)
Steph30 wrote:Sooooo happy for you!!! I'm so glad you took the leap and started your journey :)

SoulfulRetreat

#70 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

Thank you so much! I agree, I think it is one of the best things I have done for myself as an adult. It really is worth all of the discomfort you feel. When I was younger I was made fun of for my teeth, it feels so good now to have people notice a small change in my smile and just the overall confidence I feel, knowing that it is evolving and progressing. Good luck to you and keep in touch. I would love to follow your journey. :-)
gobraces wrote:What a difference the eight weeks made! Really happy for you. I started my braces about a year before you did, and it seems the year just zoomed by. I probably have up to another year to go. This is really one of the best things I have done for myself as an adult. Keep it up!

SoulfulRetreat

#71 Post by SoulfulRetreat »

It has been almost 13 weeks since I had my upper braces installed. A couple weeks ago, I went in for an adjustment. The orthodontist stated everything looked good and I'll have my lowers placed on July 11th. I went for my cleaning at my dentist, who has not seen me since I had my braces placed. He stated my teeth have moved quite a bit and recommended cleanings every 4 months instead of the usual twice a year. I have a attached a picture to show two angles of my teeth both before and current. This has by far been one of the best things I have done for myself. I am only sorry that I waited so long to actually do it. Through all of the pain and discomfort (especially the beginning stages of braces) it is absolutely worth it. The confidence I feel now is amazing. Even though my teeth are still crooked and I have a long ways to go, I can still see progress and I know I am working on that end result. If anyone is reading this that is contemplating rather or not to get braces as an adult, regardless of what age you are..... please do not hesitate. Go get that smile you have always wanted, it is well worth it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gobraces

#72 Post by gobraces »

This is wonderful! So happy for you.

BlondeCam

#73 Post by BlondeCam »

Your story is inspirational. They are moving along nicely.
Cameron

btt

#74 Post by btt »

Hi I m 34 and started wearing ceramic braces since march this year.

I can also see movement of my teeth which I think is amazing. But the spaces from extraction are making me very self-conscious.

pitasyd

#75 Post by pitasyd »

This thread is really inspiring. I'm 39 also and will be getting my braces in about a month. I'll be keeping a close eye on this post to follow your journey. Good luck!