Full Metal Braces at 35

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

r1r1r12000

Re: Full Metal Braces at 35

#31 Post by r1r1r12000 »

And here's a comparison of 9 months in braces.
Day 1 to 9 months.jpg
My initial treatment estimate was 9 months. Obviously, there are still several areas that need work. Based on the last conversation with the ortho, it sounds like I'll be in braces for at least a year. Oh well. By this point, the braces are a complete non-issue in my day to day life. Posting these monthly comparison pictures keeps reminding me of the great progress I'm having. Truthfully, if the brackets came off now, I'd be pretty happy with the changes. That said, I want them to stay on until things are perfect; I'm not planning to do this again! If I was in my third year of treatment with no end in sight like some of you guys, I'd probably sing a different tune, but right now, a few delays are worth it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bbyrd

#32 Post by Bbyrd »

I wish I could see pics! I'll come back when I get enough posts!

EmilyTravels

#33 Post by EmilyTravels »

[quote="Bbyrd"]I wish I could see pics! I'll come back when I get enough posts![/quote]

I am in the same boat. Can understand new users not being able to post pics, but not sure I understand why we can't view them. Oh well, I will get there!

throne

#34 Post by throne »

Incredible progress, braces have worked wonders for you! Glad you have an estimated removal date too, hope they let you free then!

sparx01

#35 Post by sparx01 »

Great Smile! Keep on as long as you can. Ive seen so many ppl get them off early, and they are worse off!

r1r1r12000

#36 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Thanks Throne and sparx01!

I'm committed at this point; I won't take them off until everything is perfect!

Bbyrd and EmilyTravels: thanks for trying to look at the photos. It has been very motivating to see the progress of my teeth in just a few months!

Feliciaobrien

#37 Post by Feliciaobrien »

I am posting to view pictures and prove that I am not a spammer.

Feliciaobrien

#38 Post by Feliciaobrien »

I am now able to view pictures and your teeth look great!

r1r1r12000

#39 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Thanks feliciaobrien!

I never realized how crooked my teeth were until I started taking monthly treatment photos!

r1r1r12000

#40 Post by r1r1r12000 »

I'm now 11 months into my 9 month treatment. At the most recent adjustment, the orthodontist said he'll be using an additional finishing wire probably starting at next month's appointment. I had previously been told I was on the final wires on top, but I guess there's one special one for me! The orthodontist will make some bends in that wire to align the troublesome lateral incisor that doesn't quite want to align.

The gap behind that tooth seems to have opened up a little compared to last month and my midline is still off, so I wouldn't be surprised to get elastics again before the braces come off. For the past couple of months, the orthodontist keeps thinking we are 2-3 months away from finishing. That's what he said again this time, which would put me at 13-14 months total. Longer than I initially thought, but not bad, I suppose. I know several of you guys have had/will have braces for much longer.
Comparison from day 1 to month 11.jpg
Here's a comparison with the day I got my braces on. Updating this comparison each month has been great motivation to me. Lots of movement! I'm biting down fully in both pictures. That is how high my bite blocks were! If any of you are just starting with bite blocks/turbos, it gets better!

I went with bronze colors this month. Definitely one of the colors that looks better in the box than on my teeth. I think so far, the brighter blues, greens, and reds look the best. They tend to make my teeth look whiter and have a more crisp, clean appearance to the braces. I'm running out of new colors to try; any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

damoz

#41 Post by damoz »

[quote="r1r1r12000"
Here's a comparison with the day I got my braces on. Updating this comparison each month has been great motivation to me. Lots of movement! I'm biting down fully in both pictures. That is how high my bite blocks were! If any of you are just starting with bite blocks/turbos, it gets better!
[/quote]

can't see your pics yet but thanks for the words of encouragement re; bite blocks/turbos :) finding turbos to be the biggest pita, switching to molars tomorrow so cross fingers the tongue appreciates them a bit better!

tillybrace

#42 Post by tillybrace »

r1r1r12000 wrote:I'm now 11 months into my 9 month treatment. At the most recent adjustment, the orthodontist said he'll be using an additional finishing wire probably starting at next month's appointment. I had previously been told I was on the final wires on top, but I guess there's one special one for me! The orthodontist will make some bends in that wire to align the troublesome lateral incisor that doesn't quite want to align.

The gap behind that tooth seems to have opened up a little compared to last month and my midline is still off, so I wouldn't be surprised to get elastics again before the braces come off. For the past couple of months, the orthodontist keeps thinking we are 2-3 months away from finishing. That's what he said again this time, which would put me at 13-14 months total. Longer than I initially thought, but not bad, I suppose. I know several of you guys have had/will have braces for much longer.

Comparison from day 1 to month 11.jpg

I went with bronze colors this month. Definitely one of the colors that looks better in the box than on my teeth. I think so far, the brighter blues, greens, and reds look the best. They tend to make my teeth look whiter and have a more crisp, clean appearance to the braces. I'm running out of new colors to try; any suggestions?

Wow amazing progress. You have come so far, and I am so very jealous of you right now. Also I love the colours. Any idea of your end date.

r1r1r12000

#43 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Thank you damoz and tillybrace!

Damoz, good luck switching to bite blocks on your molars. They are annoying at first but you will get used to them!

Tillybrace, the orthodontist thinks I'll be done in November or December, so around 15 months

Plokoon111

#44 Post by Plokoon111 »

I enjoyed reading your progress; it makes me feel confident that I made the right choice in getting braces!

tmjd

#45 Post by tmjd »

I just read the whole progress. (no pictures permission yet), but based on what you are telling, I can see a great progress. Thanks a lot for the encouragement with the bite blocks. I have bite turbos and the week has been very slow for me. The sense of chewing anything has been so discomforting that I have stick to basically soups with very-fined-chopped smoked turkey for almost 7 days now.

Hope I can see the progress soon, when I have premission to view images.

I will be posting my story shortly.

:-D