28 year old fast braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tillybrace

Re: 28 year old fast braces

#121 Post by tillybrace »

atrixa wrote:
tillybrace wrote:See the bad lower chains have pushed the tooth out of the arch
I don't understand why some orthodontists put power chains on before the teeth have aligned properly. Surely if a tooth comes out of alignment the best thing to do is to take them off and make sure teeth don't go where they aren't wanted?

I watch quite a lot of adult braces on youtube and there was one girl who got power chains at the same time she got her braces on. Apparently, her ortho wanted the gaps to close faster, but her teeth weren't even straight. There was another girl I watched who got power chains on early, got them off at the next appointment and was told it was a 'mistake'.

Anyway, I'm sure they know better than me. :roll:

I also have a chain on now (just on the front four) and they are like torture. Asides from the problems with that lateral, your teeth are looking great!
I think it to do things quicker, so they get more money, for less time worked.
I am glad to here that I am not the only youtube stalker, i often role my eyes at the things dentist tell their clients. It seems like the idea is to move the teeth together quickly and then worry about if they are in the right position or not. Which actually makes the whole thing more painful, in my humble opinion/

I had that kind of power chain a while ago, all i can ouch, may my sympathies be with you

tillybrace

#122 Post by tillybrace »

i do not know if this is unqiue to me. I used hate going to the hairdressers because you literally have to stare at own face for up to an hour.
I am know where near done, but going to get a hair cut doesnt bother me anymore, i find my face changes slightly puzzingly, but my own reflection does not make me cringe anymore....yes this me rambling, and being emo.
no you are not getting photo updates this week, why? because i am lazy

tillybrace

#123 Post by tillybrace »

Finally some update photo's. I am still being stroppy, still in double power chains, still no end in sight. But on the other hand my teeth are looking pretty dam good. I am also going to buy my braces birthday cake, since they are going to be 1 soon. I just want to eat cake, but it's always nice to have an excuse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tillybrace on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tillybrace

#124 Post by tillybrace »

tillybrace wrote:Finally some update photo's. I am still being stroppy, still in double power chains, still no end in sight. But on the other hand my teeth are looking pretty dam good. I am also going to buy my braces birthday cake, since they are going to be 1 soon. I just want to eat cake, but it's always nice to have an excuse.
I also think in these photo's well the top 2 that is it hard to spot the rogue tooth making all the delays happen, also the tooth that cuased all my issues to begin with, i shell call it jerk, and it shell me be my jerk, as the word i want to use is not very pg.

tillybrace

#125 Post by tillybrace »

and the rest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tillybrace

#126 Post by tillybrace »

Here we go again.
New double power chains on the top, and some filling on the bottom

tillybrace

#127 Post by tillybrace »

Did anyone else have this problem with a tooth being stuck like this, how was it solved?

atrixa

#128 Post by atrixa »

I've not had that personally (my teeth are more gappy than crowded), but don't they need to create a space somewhere else so there's a place for the tooth to go? I can't see any spaces right now.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

tillybrace

#129 Post by tillybrace »

atrixa wrote:I've not had that personally (my teeth are more gappy than crowded), but don't they need to create a space somewhere else so there's a place for the tooth to go? I can't see any spaces right now.

that is what i think, i have been hinting at my dentist that i think she needs to create space,but she seems not to be getting it.

tillybrace

#130 Post by tillybrace »

I think we have movement

tillybrace

#131 Post by tillybrace »

And the bottom view and top.

tillybrace

#132 Post by tillybrace »

¹st month vs month 12

tillybrace

#133 Post by tillybrace »

No more power chains

tillybrace

#134 Post by tillybrace »

And the rest

tillybrace

#135 Post by tillybrace »

More photos