My 2nd round with BRACES...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BlondeCam

Re: My 2nd round with BRACES...

#31 Post by BlondeCam »

WOW! They look great though! Congratulations on your debonding date! Mine is happening 7/17! My treatment went soooo fast this time. Enjoy that beautiful new smile.

sneed1o1

#32 Post by sneed1o1 »

BlondeCam wrote:WOW! They look great though! Congratulations on your debonding date! Mine is happening 7/17! My treatment went soooo fast this time. Enjoy that beautiful new smile.
Thank you! It feels so good to see the light at the end of the tunnel, right?! :HugeGrin: YOUR teeth look amazing! Does your ortho have you in any wonky elastic configurations? I doubt I will be wearing those 24 hours...I'll be sticking to night time elastics. IT'S WAY TOO PAINFUL!!

MrPlenty

#33 Post by MrPlenty »

Your results are awesome!

sneed1o1

#34 Post by sneed1o1 »

MrPlenty wrote:Your results are awesome!
Thank you! I'm so ready to have naked teeth!!!

sneed1o1

#35 Post by sneed1o1 »

Here's a picture of the fixed retainer on the bottom. I'm definitely looking forward to July 20th so I can possibly get it removed! :yuck: I'm even more so looking forward to getting the braces off in 6 days now!! :D Other things on the to-do list: laser gingivectomy and microabrasion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atrixa

#36 Post by atrixa »

That looks different to others I've seen- there seems to be more types of fixed retainers that orthos :roll: I bet that plus the braces is nightmare to clean around. Can't wait to see you're finished smile!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

sneed1o1

#37 Post by sneed1o1 »

atrixa wrote:That looks different to others I've seen- there seems to be more types of fixed retainers that orthos :roll: I bet that plus the braces is nightmare to clean around. Can't wait to see you're finished smile!
Yep, I'm pretty adamant at this point about getting it removed. I just want to have my removable ones ready before it gets done so I at least have something maintaining those teeth until the 20th. I wish I could get them the same day as the braces get removed. Hopefully there won't be much movement in 8 days.

sneed1o1

#38 Post by sneed1o1 »

Today was the big day! No more braces!! Below is a picture of my teeth with the clear retainer on top with the fixed retainer on the bottom. I'll get my Hawley retainers on the 20th. To me, this appointment was the most painful out of all my orthodontic appointments. My teeth are sensitive to cold, and the vibration of the tools to get the glue off the teeth, plus the tool used to dry/suction to control saliva gave me an indescribable amount of pain! The polish also activated the extreme sensitivity!! :FeelSick: With every tooth, I was praying for it to be over!! Looking at my results, I'll have to say it was worth it, and hopefully THERE WILL NOT BE A THIRD TIME!! I have a dentist appointment Friday to get my teeth cleaned, and then we will discuss a date for the laser gingivectomy. My orthodontist polished my teeth pretty well to the fact that I won't be getting microabrasion. I can't bite down with the clear retainer, and it is definitely making my teeth sore. From what I've been told, that and some of the swelling should subside in a couple of days. I thought I would be prepared for the "slimy" feeling of my teeth, but even having a debonding a second time felt new. I still find myself trying to suck food out of my teeth after every bite...a habit that I developed with the braces :roll: I will post better pictures of my gums once I get a gingivectomy with before and after shots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steph30

#39 Post by Steph30 »

Wow!!!!!! Amazing!

sneed1o1

#40 Post by sneed1o1 »

Steph30 wrote:Wow!!!!!! Amazing!
Thank you! :HugeGrin:

atrixa

#41 Post by atrixa »

They look great, congratulations!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

sneed1o1

#42 Post by sneed1o1 »

Thanks guys! My dentist wants to wait a little longer for this procedure to give my gums a chance to heal and then determine which teeth need touching up. I have another consult in 3 weeks, then we'll set a date.

Lovespain5

#43 Post by Lovespain5 »

Very nice results! Hope your gum problems will be resolved easily.
:?:-#):mrgreen:

sneed1o1

#44 Post by sneed1o1 »

Lovespain5 wrote:Very nice results! Hope your gum problems will be resolved easily.
Thank you! The swelling has gone down some! I'd still like them to be touched up a bit, but they're not dramatically noticeable!

sneed1o1

#45 Post by sneed1o1 »

I got my Hawley retainers today! My teeth are a little sore, especially the bottom. I'll be wearing these for 12 hours (mostly at night), and then switch my top to the clear retainer during the day. I'll have to do this for a year. My dentist is going discussed removing my fixed retainer on the bottom in 9 months to allow my teeth a chance to settle. This bottom hawley retainer is so tight, I don't think my teeth are going to move much without the fixed retainer :crazy: